Might of been scammed white label canon spike

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SatanShiro
shadow

Might of been scammed white label canon spike

Post#1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi everyone
I recently bought a white label version of canon spike. But I am afraid I was scammed and would like to reassure it with you.
Upon looking at the disk I think I recognize it as a CD-ROM and not a Gd rom.
Whenn booting the game I see th revive dc project beside the sega logo and when running game from dreamcast boot menu it reboots the dreamcast to the game instead of going straight to the game in other words a copied disc instead of original.
Is this possible for a white label disc or was it a scam?
Thank you and have a nice day

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Might of been scammed white label canon spike

Post#2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:11 pm

just took out my original cannon spike white label, it has "T-466010-0489SS EMI CD HOLLAND @ (or Q, it's hard to see) 2" written near the center of the software side, then you have about 1cm of software (it's a small game) and then another text circle with the classic "TRADEMARK SEGA" written there, the rest of the GD is blank.
hope this helps

We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Dead giveaway you have a burn ={

The GD-Rs will run right oway but MIL-CDs aka burns you will need to hit Play and it will need to restart and you see some fancy logo

Sixcrazyminutes
rebel

Post#4 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Did you buy it off eBay?

There's been a few reproduction white labels on eBay lately, Cannon Spike, Rez, Half Life and PSO

SatanShiro
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Thank you so much for your replies.
everybody really helped me.
Yeah I bought it off eBay I don't have a better way to get these games, the post didn't say that it's a reproduction. Any tips on how I can avoid this in the future?
Thanks again have a great week!

Edit: just checked the original listing and it got updated saying it might be a reproduction I guess I missed it when I bid it didn't cost too much.

On another note it's my first time playing canon spike I had high hopes for this game and it doesn't look promising at all, feels like there are cutscenes missing and music too is the original game any different?

Sixcrazyminutes
rebel

Post#6 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:58 pm

He updated the thread because I messaged him
It is a reproduction, a guy in Nottingham, for reasons past understanding, decided to make some white label reproductions, one of his Cannon Spikes (yours) has been listed as an original and a Half Life.

Are you collecting white labels in particular or did you just want a cheaper copy of Cannon Spike?

SatanShiro
shadow

Post#7 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 am

I'm not collecting white labels
I was following canon spike on eBay and bid on what was cheaper.. didn't work so well :lol:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#8 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:48 am

Yeah, the white label is way cheaper than the regular PAL version most of the times...
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Sixcrazyminutes
rebel

Post#9 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 am

Genuine Cannon spike white label worth about £40, though there's always one or two on eBay at £100 (shakes head). Hope you've opened a return on eBay for your white label

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#10 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Be sure to file a complaint with PayPal to get a full reimbursement for both the item and shipping, seeing you received an counterfeit product. The seller knew what he was selling and was even contacted by members of this community telling him it was a fake copy, he decided to keep the listing active and sell it anyway.