Having trouble getting online

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Having trouble getting online

Post#11 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Maliki wrote:Could also be the model of his Dreamcast though

DoH! :oops:

I hadnt even thought of that!

Drummy
rebel

Post#12 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:59 pm

It is not that. I have a Sega Sports VA1.

Maliki
lithium

Post#13 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Well that's a major plus then if that can be ruled out. You have the 'drivers' for IMG BURN for cdi files by chance?

I know this is not a thread about trouble burning cd's tho. Wish I could offer a better insight on the issue with that error messege.

edit: You already used the video I just linked (first post)
Kurupt FM wif a K like... 108.9 on ya dial u mugz <3

Drummy
rebel

Post#14 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Yes, I do believe I have them. I am starting to think the problem with connecting itself might be tied to the fact that I am using PlanetWeb 1.0.

mr_everdread
undertow

Post#15 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Pretty sure you have to connect the pi to ethernet first. let it set itself up then go through the whole wifi set up.
Plus make sure youre using a strong enough power supply for the wifi dongle if thats what youre using. cant remember what that is off the top of my head... but mine wouldnt connect becuase i was using an old blackberry charger had to use my LGG4 quick charger.

Xiden
Developer

Post#16 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:41 am

When i see that error it makes me think its a problem with his LVI.

1. Are both modem lights on?
2. Does one of the modem lights turn off briefly when you dial?
3. Can you see your pi on your router?

The answer to these questions should all be yes.

Drummy
rebel

Post#17 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:08 am

The LVI was ordered from Dreamcast Live, so I really hope it is not the problem. Could it perhaps to be my 56k modem? I got this one here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301907316992?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Either way, it seems I am connecting, the DreamPi DOES Show me an IP address like the video shows. Thanks for the reply Xiden, I will try to answer those questions when I get home.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#18 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:08 am

Yeah, that modem looks like this one which is a winmodem/softmodem and not compatible with Linux. The generic modems are always a crapshoot because 90% of the time, the description (especially on eBay) wrongly states that it's compatible with Linux. Heck, you don't even get the same modem that's pictured sometimes. I recommend this modem as it's the cheapest one on eBay and I've personally used them with DreamPi.

You can confirm that the modem is incompatible by looking at the lights when DreamPi is fully booted. If you only have one light on the modem, then it's incompatible.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Drummy
rebel

Post#19 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 am

Damn it, I was really hoping that was the case. Thanks pcwzrd13, I bought your LVI and now I am going to buy your modem suggestion! Will get back with updates.

Drummy
rebel

Post#20 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi guys,

So I got the modem...and it connects! However, I get this now :( :

Anyone know what the problem can be? I'm thinking it is a result of using PlanetWeb 1.0 and missing that one field... Thanks.