Can't connect to internet, dropped from game. TEMPORARILY SOLVED

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sCI
lithium

Re: Can't connect to internet, dropped from game.

Post#21 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:01 pm

After firing the good one up and pressing the red phone, it turns to green, and then I press google button:

I need two screenshots for whole thing:

good dream Pi #3    3.png
good dream Pi #3    4.png

sCI
lithium

Post#22 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:10 pm

At this point it is connected and google is working. I can search the internet till my face turns blue.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they look the exact same. How can that be?

Xiden
Developer

Post#23 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Malfunctions in the chips somewhere im sure. My friends pi up at work turns on but no picture displays. Probably a short somewhere on the board. Just my guess

sCI
lithium

Post#24 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:21 pm

This is after taking out XDP disk and installing PSO.

good dream Pi #3    5.png

And lastly, this is taken when my PSO character is actually functioning in the lobby. Fully online, no problem.

good dream Pi #3    in PSO lobby! 3.png

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#25 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:41 am

am i wrong or the not working PI always starts dreeampi autoconnect script with vts and stuff from the boot? and the second one doesnt do it ?
From love, with Russia :)

sCI
lithium

Post#26 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am

So I decided to try the bad Pi #2 this morning. A fresh start with the window log open on my comp:

and it works...it didn't work 18 hours ago, or any time for the last week(I tried something new just about every day). Changed out LVI to other LVI as you know,still didn't work.

I'm sorry for apparently wasting everybody's time, and I'll update you when they "fail" again.

hers the log:

#2 suddenly works 5-19-17.png

sCI
lithium

Post#27 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 am

Could I take a guess at what may have happened?

I shut down the Bad Pi #2 the "correct" way, even after it wouldn't work yesterday. That is the only thing that has changed. I simply gave it the command to shut down, THEN unplugged it.

Just food for thought.

sCI
lithium

Post#28 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 pm

During gameplay, it failed again today. I was playing fine, then screen went black and said I was disconnected a while later.

My log window wasn't open. But I opened it afterwards and attempted to start another game. It woudln't connect me and this is the log window after I pressed start when it "gave up".

Any ideas on what went wrong?

failure 5-24-17 durring gameplay  #2.png

It looks like everything is exactly the same as when it works, only it simply doesn't connect to sylverant ant the end....that doesn't help..

sCI
lithium

Post#29 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:01 am

Solution round two:

So something about my DreamPi IP address is changing.

For the last few days since "broken" Pi #2 started magically working, I have dialed an IP address into PuTTY that ends in ".66"

Today when I tried to view the failed-again Pi and dialed that same IP address, it wouldn't go anywhere in PuTTY.

When I looked at my connection settings, it had magically changed the DreamPi #2 IP address, and it now ended in ".98".

I was then able to enter the new IP into PuTTY and it found it again.

Just now I tried the Pi #2 again and it still failed to log on.

I then realized I could go into my router settings and it would actually let me change the IP of Pi #2.

I found a drop-down menu of IP's available to select for Pi #2.

I found the original IP that has worked for the last 5 days, and selected that one. I then restarted the Pi, and used the ".66" IP to view the log in PuTTY, and it established a log successfully.

I then went and attempted to connect to PSO servers and it allowed me connection

Somehow, for some reason, my DreamPi's IP addresses are changing by themselves after X days/hours and this is confusing some part of the equation and causing me to lose connect-ability to servers.

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#30 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:27 am

DHCP lease time is the key. u can enter ip address (bind it) for a specific MAC or Device in your router settings and ip address will change to the same address so it will work.
From love, with Russia :)