Can't connect to internet, dropped from game. TEMPORARILY SOLVED

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sCI
lithium

Re: Can't connect to internet, dropped from game.

Post#31 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:55 pm

Thank you for your input. It did it again this morning: For some reason the IP changed back to the ".98" and it failed mid-game. I simply went to the internet settings and changed it back, restarted the DreamPi and was back online in ~3 minutes.

So I now know what it has been the whole time, and how to fix it. But it appears as if my system is still changing the IP address automatically.

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Re: Can't connect to internet, dropped from game.

Post#32 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:26 am

sCI wrote:Thank you for your input. It did it again this morning: For some reason the IP changed back to the ".98" and it failed mid-game. I simply went to the internet settings and changed it back, restarted the DreamPi and was back online in ~3 minutes.

So I now know what it has been the whole time, and how to fix it. But it appears as if my system is still changing the IP address automatically.

did you make your router to bind specific ip address for Dreampi's MAC address?
From love, with Russia :)

Sega1Dream
Donated

Re: Can't connect to internet, dropped from game. TEMPORARILY SOLVED

Post#33 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:28 am

My friends AT&T gateway kept doing a similar thing. Even though I would set the DreamPi to a static IP address, for whatever reason after a couple power cycles (of the DreamPi), it would switch back to the .98

To fix that from happening, I changed the DHCP pool to only hand out address from .2 up to .80. That way the router will not assign an IP address above .80 making the .98 address always available. Seems to have worked for a couple weeks now, without causing conflicts again. I still have .98 DMZ, so all protocols can pass.

sCI
lithium

Re: Can't connect to internet, dropped from game. TEMPORARILY SOLVED

Post#34 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:51 pm

How do I do that^^^?