Vga STILLLL not working...

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MidasLeKing
noob

Vga STILLLL not working...

Post#1 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:36 pm

First of all, hello to everyone !!

My HDTV is a samsung, and it doesn't have any VGA port. I bought two different VGA to HDMI converters. The first one works, but the image is very very crappy (wrong colors, resolution lower than with the SCART etc) the games are just unplayable...

The second one just doesn't give any signal to the TV. It's like nothing is plugged in.

Could it be that my TV simply isn't compatible with the DC's VGA, or should I try a 3rd even more expensive VGA converter ??

I heard somewhere that there was some tweaking that you had to do in order to make your HDTV pick up on the DC's VGA signal, does anyone know about that ?

My current setting is : VGA cable + VGA to HDMI converter to my TV, and no signal (or very bad signal)...

RXShorty
photon blast

Re: Vga STILLLL not working...

Post#2 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello,

I tried some setups...
Both expansive and cheap not working.

But you can buy my setup which is expansive or go for the all in solution with the Akura.
DreamOn!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Vga STILLLL not working...

Post#3 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Without knowing the root of the issue or the model number, I can only suggest an HDMI scaler as opposed to a converter. I am guessing you are in a PAL region as you mentioned "SCART". I can only relate to the NTSC/U world. Also, it is to note that not all PAL games are VGA friendly as opposed to the the other Dreamcast regions. I'm sure you know that, I'm just putting it out there.

Knowing the model number will present me with a (hopefully) accurate resolution spec. Not all spec's are 100% accurate, but most are (Mitsubishi is the worst at this).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs