Shenmue Passport issues

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ekstreme
shadow

Shenmue Passport issues

Post#1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi guys,

I apologise if this is a silly question, but I've only been a Dreamcast users for about 3 weeks, so still a lot of learning to do. What I'm trying to do, is the launch the Shenmue passport disc, but all that happens is that it loads back to the Dreamcast main menu. It is the PAL release in a Japanese Dreamcast using Codebreaker to boot. The rest of the game discs work perfectly fine this way. So my question is, is the issue the disc, online services not configured/online or that Codebreaker doesn't​ support it?

Xiden
Developer

Re: Shenmue Passport issues

Post#2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Ekstreme wrote:Hi guys,

I apologise if this is a silly question, but I've only been a Dreamcast users for about 3 weeks, so still a lot of learning to do. What I'm trying to do, is the launch the Shenmue passport disc, but all that happens is that it loads back to the Dreamcast main menu. It is the PAL release in a Japanese Dreamcast using Codebreaker to boot. The rest of the game discs work perfectly fine this way. So my question is, is the issue the disc, online services not configured/online or that Codebreaker doesn't​ support it?

If its booting to the main menu it sounds like an issue with the disc itself. Is it scratched up? Have you tried burning one to see if you get the same result?

Ekstreme
shadow

Post#3 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:38 am

I haven't tried burning one off yet, been a bit scared off doing that. The discs actually looks pretty darn good, but I'll try a burned copy and see what happens. Thanks

Ekstreme
shadow

Post#4 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:23 am

I managed to burn off a copy, but it was pretty much a waste of time. I did learn a bit more about the game, but boy that animation of Mark sure was scary!

I guess the cool extra items are only redeemable online, so the quest for a nice VMU icon continues...