Black Screen and Occasional Reset

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SpikeyGecko
noob

Black Screen and Occasional Reset

Post#1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi guys, I'm brand new to the Dreamcast scene. I recently got the console about a week ago, along with a copy of Sonic Adventure. Most of the time the game runs fine, but now it's starting to only work about half the time. Sometimes when loading a new area, the screen will go completely black, yet the disc is spinning. When I go to reset the Dreamcast, the disc goes to the SEGA logo but then boots right back to the home screen, with no errors or anything. There aren't any huge scratches on it either, only a very small one. Strangely enough, if I unplug the power supply and hook it back up, everything works as usual again. Could this potentially be a power supply issue, or is it the disc drive? Thanks for your help!

RetroTV
shadow

Re: Black Screen and Occasional Reset

Post#2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:48 pm

I think it's the disc's fault. I had the same issue with my copy. At first I thought my disc drive isn't working right but then I tested it on 3 dreamcasts and it still didn't work. I would recommend buying a new copy. For me it worked.

Kurasiu
fire

Re: Black Screen and Occasional Reset

Post#3 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:37 am

+1 for disc, I had similar issues with my copy of Virtua Tennis, sometimes the game went back to boot menu after a while of playing, sometimes it kicked me back to menu at the SEGA licensing screen. Although my disc was in a pretty bad condition.