Undeletable files taking up space on my VMU? How do I fix this?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TheXboxArcade
shadow

Undeletable files taking up space on my VMU? How do I fix this?

Post by TheXboxArcade »

So I was using Dream Explorer on my Dreamcast to download some saves and DLC for Sonic Adventure 2, and after downloading the ones I wanted and going back into the Dreamcast menu, I opened up my VMU in the menu, and for whatever reason, the files I downloaded are missing, but the blocks on my VMU (which is a 3rd party MadCatz one, if that affects anything) are still being used. I deleted all unnecessary files I could on my VMU, leaving only 28 blocks worth of saves (a savefile for SA1 and SA2), but I still only have 58 blocks remaining on my VMU, even though I should have about 172 blocks free. Does anyone know how to fix this issue without me having to reformat my VMU? Thanks.
Last edited by TheXboxArcade on Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrneo240
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Available to play any game, working on gathering them.

Re: Undeletable files taking up space on my VMU? How do I fix this?

Post by mrneo240 »

You can reformat it in the DC menu. Other than that idk.
Maybe
Defragment somehow
Falco Girgis
Developer

Post by Falco Girgis »

Damn. You have no way of getting this VMU flash image onto PC do you? I'd like to see wtf is going on with it in ElysianVMU.
TheXboxArcade
shadow

Post by TheXboxArcade »

Falco Girgis wrote:Damn. You have no way of getting this VMU flash image onto PC do you? I'd like to see wtf is going on with it in ElysianVMU.
I don't think I do, sadly. Out of curiosity, what would you need to copy the flash image to PC?