Broadband adapter trouble configuring

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SegaSen
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Pod 2, Toy Racer, PSO, Quake 3

Broadband adapter trouble configuring

Post by SegaSen »

Hi fellow Dreamcast fans. I recently got a Broadband adapter and was able to get online using Toy Racer. But for the other three games I need to configure it. It didn't come with the Broadband disc. I tried burning de XDP disc, as per the tutorial video, but my Dreamcasts don't want to seem to run it. Maybe I did something wrong; I am far from an expert. I do have Dream Passport 3, which it said to support the adapter. But I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me? (I also have Dreamkey 3, which I used in the past for dial up, but I read that it doesn't support broadband). If these discs don't work, can I set it up in some other way, maybe using my games?

Thanks!
BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Broadband adapter trouble configuring

Post by BlueCrab »

If you have a US copy of PSO version 2, it has a very simple built-in BBA configuration tool by using the Website option from the main menu. I know the European version does not have this (I'm not sure about the Japanese one) -- and this is only on Version 2 of PSO, not the original version.
SegaSen
shadow

Post by SegaSen »

I do not have that... Only the European version. I only have all the US games that didn't come out in PAL territories. I also have some Japanese games. Are there others I could look out for?
Scrivani
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Almost all

Post by Scrivani »

What about Quake 3 Arena?
Happy if may help:
- BBA Mode for DreamPi: https://bit.ly/3JEIuhs
- VPN Port Fowarding: https://bit.ly/3Bgw4bu
- DC Now Data Analysis: https://bit.ly/42coxXw
- DC KARA NOT DEAD AT ALL- VCD Method: https://bit.ly/3P6VePw
- Know part of BR Community: https://bit.ly/3iLXS12
Sonic1994DC
Carnage
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO Ver.2, Quake 3, Maximum Pool, The Next Tetris Online, Worms World Party, Alien Front Online

Post by Sonic1994DC »

SegaSen wrote:Hi fellow Dreamcast fans. I recently got a Broadband adapter and was able to get online using Toy Racer. But for the other three games I need to configure it. It didn't come with the Broadband disc. I tried burning de XDP disc, as per the tutorial video, but my Dreamcasts don't want to seem to run it. Maybe I did something wrong; I am far from an expert. I do have Dream Passport 3, which it said to support the adapter. But I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me? (I also have Dreamkey 3, which I used in the past for dial up, but I read that it doesn't support broadband). If these discs don't work, can I set it up in some other way, maybe using my games?

Thanks!
For XDP when you burnt it was it burnt to a CD-R? It needs to be a CD-R and I always burn my games at the lowest speed
Johne
fragger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Any of the online games!!

Post by Johne »

BlueCrab wrote:If you have a US copy of PSO version 2, it has a very simple built-in BBA configuration tool by using the Website option from the main menu. I know the European version does not have this (I'm not sure about the Japanese one) -- and this is only on Version 2 of PSO, not the original version.
The Japanese version has the website with BBA config built-in, both V1 and V2 :)
SegaSen
shadow

Post by SegaSen »

I have the PAL Quake 3 Arena, does that help?

I burned XDP on a cdr three times on the lowest speed with disc juggler. My Dreamcast consoles try to read it wildly and than give up after a while.
SegaSen
shadow

Post by SegaSen »

Quake just gives me the message that no telephone number has been set or that no connection device has been detected. Dial up numbers aren't available anymore for a number of years here in The Netherlands. The broadband just needs to be setup in some way...

In PSO it does detect my broadband adapter, but says I can't connect, because it isn't set-up. Use website to configure BBA. But that just gives me the same modem options as the Dreamkey 3.
Bring
dark night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms,AFO,Pool,Bowling,Planet Ring,Chu Chu,Tetris,4x4

Post by Bring »

SegaSen wrote:
I burned XDP on a cdr three times on the lowest speed with disc juggler. My Dreamcast consoles try to read it wildly and than give up after a while.
Are you using an RGB Video Lead?

as XDP has issues with them.
SegaSen
shadow

Post by SegaSen »

Wooo I got it to work using Culdcept 2 of all things. It had the required menu! In Japanese, but with some trial and error, I managed it.

I use VGA and an hdmi converter by the way.