Skies of Arcadia Backup Help?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Techtoaster
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: * Once I can get my hands on a DreamPi

> Driving Strikers
> PSO
> Power Stone 2
> Outrigger

Skies of Arcadia Backup Help?

Post by Techtoaster »

Hey all! I've been having a hard time getting Skies of Arcadia to burn to a CMC CD-R.
Originally I had alot of problems burning discs, about 75% of my verbatims would fail verification every time with mismatches. As soon as I switched to CMC, all of my library was able to backup appropriately without any verification issues. So I chalked it all up to a media problem, I was using cheap verbatim's instead of using quality CMC.

However, everytime I burn Skies of Arcadia (even after a fresh restart so I cleared the memory), I always get a verification error with mismatches, but they are ALWAYS the same amount and same order. Is this normal? Do all backups of Skies do this?

Or is there a problem with my CDI backup? If so, does anyone have a known reliable working CDI to backup to a CMC CD-R?

Thanks!
redjeff76
Anarki

Re: Skies of Arcadia Backup Help?

Post by redjeff76 »

I used this one ---> https://cdromance.com/dc-iso/skies-of-arcadia-usa/

Scroll toward the bottom of the page and click on the box that says "Download Links" and choose the 1st option for a .cdi version. My copy downloaded from this location works fine. I burned mine on a Memorex CD-R using the burn program ImgBurn.
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

By the way you really want out of 'Verify' ought to untick that box whether it's ImgBurn/DiscJuggler
Techtoaster
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: * Once I can get my hands on a DreamPi

> Driving Strikers
> PSO
> Power Stone 2
> Outrigger

Post by Techtoaster »

mistamontiel wrote:By the way you really want out of 'Verify' ought to untick that box whether it's ImgBurn/DiscJuggler
Really? I thought verifying sectors was kind of crucial?
redjeff76 wrote:I used this one ---> https://cdromance.com/dc-iso/skies-of-arcadia-usa/
Scroll toward the bottom of the page and click on the box that says "Download Links" and choose the 1st option for a .cdi version. My copy downloaded from this location works fine. I burned mine on a Memorex CD-R using the burn program ImgBurn.
Ironically that is the exact one I use but it keeps mismatching the same sectors over and over. I may just try Memorex for this one, could be another issue with the media but CMC is pretty amazing so I'll be surprised if that works.
redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

Yeah I agree, I "unticked" verify. It's either the disc (game/burn) works or it doesn't... and verify just adds more time to your burns for no reason.
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

Every post that way back then said don't verify it seemed that would be compromise even guaranteed coaster for it
redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

Huh?! Well I have never verified ANY of my Dreamcast game downloads onto Memorex CD-R's and 95% of discs turned out fine the 1st try. I use ImgBurn to burn CD-R's. I read on some DC page that doing the "verify" during burning is a waste of time. Either the game disc works or it doesn't after you burn. Same with running "verify". Either your disc passes and the game plays, or it fails and the disc is a coaster. Only difference here is the time you waste.