Lid won't open

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

redjeff76
Anarki

Lid won't open

Post by redjeff76 »

Hi Guys,

any idea how to fix a DC lid that will not open on it's own? It latches. But like the spring or mechanism that open/tilts the lid up doesn't work.
Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Lid won't open

Post by Ian Micheal »

Easy to take apart look at the spring and mech many guides online

Line up the spring on the black hinge part like this
:Image

Place the long end of the spring in the small hole of the closed lid and line up the hinge peg with the hole on the lid like this: Image

Slot the hinge peg into the hole in the lid and then press the black part down to line up with the pegs on the top part of the console shell: Image

You can then screw it back into place.
redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

WOW, thanks Ian. I opened up the console and the spring was rusted and snapped off. Do you have any idea where I could get a replacement?
Last edited by redjeff76 on Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

I found (1) Ebay seller that had a replacement spring for the lid hinges. I had to buy the hinges as well to get the spring. But it was the only place I could find that even had the spring. I paid $13 and installed the new spring like you showed above in the attached photo's. Easy and quick repair and now my Dreamcast lid opens and closes like it was brand new again. Thanks Ian. Your pics and info made all the difference.
Last edited by redjeff76 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

redjeff76 wrote:I found (1) Ebay seller that had a replacement spring for the lid hinges. I had to buy the hinges as well to get the spring. But it was the only place I could find that even had the spring. I paid $13 and installed the new spring like you showed above in the attached photo's. Easy and quick repair and now my Dreamcast lid opens and closes like it was brand new again. Thanks Ian. Your pics and info made al the difference.
Nice sorry i did not know where to get some glad it's all done..