font.spk problem

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

aoiblcaved
Fancy Pants Admin

font.spk problem

Post by aoiblcaved »

hi there i'm being really desperate currently so asking here is the last option i have in my mind

i'm currently messing around with Space Channel 5 Part 2 PC port files because i suddently have a huge desire to translate this game to my native language and for that i need to change the font, and the font png files are inside font.spk file

i opened this file in hex editor (HxD) to make sure and yes it is, but i just don't understand how to change the png files inside of it to new ones

i can't find anything about the spk file extension (i tried to work with it with ghidra, puyo tools, game extractor but it all was pretty much useless) so i'm writing it here

sorry if the question is stupid i'm very unexpirienced in this kind of stuff and actually have zero knowledge in code and everything
fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: font.spk problem

Post by fafadou »

What's your native langage ?

Why do you think the font is in.png format inside the.spk ?
aoiblcaved
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by aoiblcaved »

fafadou wrote:What's your native langage ?

Why do you think the font is in.png format inside the.spk ?
what's my language is not the important thing here, the thing is that it's with different alphabet

i checked the spk file and the .png textures are in it, i am also able to extract them if it matters

Image Image
fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

Thank you, May you can look, how a png is done and try to find it inside the .spk ?
aoiblcaved
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by aoiblcaved »

sorry i didn't understand what you mean ":0 i can’t “look” at the code itself if that’s what you’re talking about
png files are just located inside the spk and that’s all, i can’t get any other information i think

(the way one of the font images displays in ghidra, the thing in other editors you already saw)