SD card size & type for GDEMU

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Soldier59
shadow

SD card size & type for GDEMU

Post by Soldier59 »

Dear all,

Probably the answer is somewhere in this forum but I didn't find it so my apologies in advance... :)

I just would like to have your recommandations regarding the size & type of the SD Card to be used with the GDEMU.

I would like to go for a 256 Go card as it would be enough to store all my games library (between 150 & 200), I don't know if it's too big and could make some trouble when using it (loading times especially).

On the other hand, can I use a micro SDXC with an adaptor or it's safer to use a standard SDXC card ?

If you have any other tip or advice, please do not hesitate to share it with me (card brand, transfer speed etc..). ;)
ateam
Animated Violence

Re: SD card size & type for GDEMU

Post by ateam »

I'd recommend a SanDisk SD. Truthfully, a microSD with an adapter would be just fine too, but I've opted for full-size cards, due to some flaky adapters I had trouble with in the past.

Regarding maximum size, I use a 512 GB card, and I know others have said they use 1 TB cards without issue.

Given the prevalence of counterfeit storage media out there (even when purchased directly from Amazon), I highly suggest going straight to the source.

https://www.westerndigital.com/products ... 256G-GN6IN
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam
Soldier59
shadow

Re: SD card size & type for GDEMU