Do I Need a standard VMU or a 4x for use with my M.O.D.E.?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pamsisk79
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none atm. absolutely love sega dreamcast and sega saturn though!

Do I Need a standard VMU or a 4x for use with my M.O.D.E.?

Post by pamsisk79 »

Hello I am new to this board. Wanted to be sure and say Hello to everyone including the MOD's!
I periodically throughout the day for weeks now check Google for how to get the biggest Memory Card for my Sega Dreamcast console. I just recently found out about the 4X being larger than my VMU's. Tonight I found out about TF and SD card reader that plugs into the back of the console and a SD or maybe it was microSD plugs into it and I guess if I understood it right you can save all of your games to one card. I have the complete collection of USA, PAL, JAP and Homebrew games. So it would take too many standard VMU's or even 4X cards. Problem is though, I had to remove the cd drive to install the M.O.D.E and this device says it needs a cd drive. Does anyone know of a way to save all of the games to one card on Dreamcast with a M.O.D.E? It seems that the MODE should be able to save to the same memory you put your games on. Thanks and Stay Safe