How to prevent going into BIOS and when resetting during attract mode?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ZTylerDurden
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena

Re: How to prevent going into BIOS and when resetting during attract mode?

Post by ZTylerDurden »

Totally gonna try it.

Here's the cab. It's not DC-themed but make no mistake the DC system is the biggest pride point.

I'm finding solutions for the DC to get back into "auto" attract mode and luckily the plan is panning out.

Sega1Dream
Donated
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the games the DreamPi allows me to play :D

Post by Sega1Dream »

When I did my Dreamcast cabinet a couple years ago and added a separate screen to allow the player to select games. I programmed a Raspberry Pi to reset the console and press the "game select" button on the GDEMU enough times to go to that game. When no player action was going on, I set a 3 minute timer to reset the console and select the next game for preview modes. The Raspberry Pi in conjunction with the GDEMU and relays, offered a lot of cool control.
PXL_20210131_035011650.jpg
PXL_20210124_231526366.MP~2.jpg
Mkk_hanzo
rebel

Post by Mkk_hanzo »

Loved both posts thanks you all. Both cabs looked AWESOME.

There should be a thread called "show us your DC arcade cab!" or something (Just a suggestion)
Sega1Dream wrote:When I did my Dreamcast cabinet a couple years ago and added a separate screen to allow the player to select games. I programmed a Raspberry Pi to reset the console and press the "game select" button on the GDEMU enough times to go to that game. When no player action was going on, I set a 3 minute timer to reset the console and select the next game for preview modes. The Raspberry Pi in conjunction with the GDEMU and relays, offered a lot of cool control.

PXL_20210131_035011650.jpg

PXL_20210124_231526366.MP~2.jpg
Hey this made me VERY curious! And also gave me an idea on how to solve something Im planning to do on a game for another different console, lets call it a solution.
ZTylerDurden
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena

Post by ZTylerDurden »

Sega1Dream wrote:When I did my Dreamcast cabinet a couple years ago and added a separate screen to allow the player to select games. I programmed a Raspberry Pi to reset the console and press the "game select" button on the GDEMU enough times to go to that game. When no player action was going on, I set a 3 minute timer to reset the console and select the next game for preview modes. The Raspberry Pi in conjunction with the GDEMU and relays, offered a lot of cool control.
That is excellent. You even went down the route of padhacking probably for that VMU functionality, among other things.

I'm also on my journey for that auto reset function for attract mode.

The "game select" button on the GDEMU--you're talking about that tactile switch on the GDEMU board? I'm looking in your pic for a wire going in there but not seeing it. I assumed you'd remove the tactile switch replaced with a wire to send a pulse reset.