De La Jet Set Radio won't match console language settings

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

EskiM0JOJ0
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Chu Chu rocket

De La Jet Set Radio won't match console language settings

Post by EskiM0JOJ0 »

Every source I've come across online says that De La Jet Set Radio's localization should match the language settings of whatever the console is set to. My Japanese V1 console is set to English but will only boot the game with Japanese text. Additionally, the game automatically boots itself whenever the disc is inserted on startup even though I have auto-play set to off. Why is the game ignoring my settings?
TapamN
letterbomb

Re: De La Jet Set Radio won't match console language settings

Post by TapamN »

EskiM0JOJ0 wrote:Additionally, the game automatically boots itself whenever the disc is inserted on startup even though I have auto-play set to off. Why is the game ignoring my settings?
That's not what autoplay does. If you are in the BIOS and you close the lid with a game inside, and autoplay is on, the game will start automatically. If autoplay is off, you will remain in the BIOS. There is no way to prevent the console from starting the game on power on, aside from opening the lid or not having a disc inside.