I need help to complete the game Sega GT, I am stuck

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ByteComputer78
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: 4X4 Evolution, Daytona USA, Phantasy Star Online, POD SpeedZone, San Francisco Rush 2049

I need help to complete the game Sega GT, I am stuck

Post by ByteComputer78 »

Hello everyone, I recently discovered a racing game called Sega GT.
IMG_20240401_121112297[1].jpg
Here in this screen is the Driver's Test, I actually tried to do the most easiest race (Deep Rock Road). I am just going as fast as I can without bumping any walls, and I just can't get first. I can't get first in any of those races. I checked a lot of FAQs and Walkthroughs about this game and I just can't understand how to achieve first in any of thoses races. It is just so HARD !! I just can't do it, I don't have any tricks to get past this. Sega GT is one of my favorite racing games on the Sega Dreamcast and I just want to complete this at 100%. Does anyone completed this game ? Any expert players out there ?

Thanks,

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Re: I need help to complete the game Sega GT, I am stuck

Post by rjay63 »

Take a look at my E Class replays here for some tips:

I have completed the PAL version twice. If you're interested, I wrote an in-depth review that can b found on this site:
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 34&t=16884
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

ByteComputer78
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: 4X4 Evolution, Daytona USA, Phantasy Star Online, POD SpeedZone, San Francisco Rush 2049

Post by ByteComputer78 »

rjay63 wrote:Take a look at my E Class replays here for some tips:

I have completed the PAL version twice. If you're interested, I wrote an in-depth review that can b found on this site:
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 34&t=16884
I really appreciate your help. I just decided to quit with those Driver's License. I think one of the main problem is to drive with the Automatic transmission, and you need to drive Manual Transmission to have better speed control. I only did one race with the Manual Transmission and I got first place. I tried all the other race and it's just too hard. I just keep on retrying and I am just tired, because I just can't do all those Driver's License test even with the Manual Transmission. It just keep me on my nerves, how hard it is on the E Class, I just can't imagine myself doing the B Class licenses and the others... Thanks, but I am going to play something easier...

Holsten
fragger

Post by Holsten »

I always struggle hard with racing games. Sometimes even the most amount of practice and dedication is not enough to overcome a lack of talent.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

ByteComputer78
shadow

Post by ByteComputer78 »

Holsten wrote:I always struggle hard with racing games. Sometimes even the most amount of practice and dedication is not enough to overcome a lack of talent.
Exactly, I just put a big amount of practice and dedication and it's not enough... It's a awesome game nonetheless... The hard difficulty just ruin everything.

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post by rjay63 »

ByteComputer78 wrote: your help. I just decided to quit with those Driver's License. I think one of the main problem is to drive with the Automatic transmission, and you need to drive Manual Transmission to have better speed control. I only did one race with the Manual Transmission and I got first place. I tried all the other race and it's just too hard. I just keep on retrying and I am just tired, because I just can't do all those Driver's License test even with the Manual Transmission. It just keep me on my nerves, how hard it is on the E Class, I just can't imagine myself doing the B Class licenses and the others... Thanks, but I am going to play something easier...
It is possible to achieve good results with automatic transmission (AT). In fact, my last playthrough (in late 2023) was mainly done using AT and I managed faster lap times. The trick is to be very delicate with the steering, try to brake in a straight line and lots of practice!

Although I have played and completed Sega GT, I do not feel it is a good racer. There are too many problems present (I explained these in my review) and there are better options available on the DC. It's more a "car enthusiast'" game than a racer.

A good solution may be to download a completed save file and just mess around with your favourite cars (or build some wacky vehicles in the Carrozzeria).
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

cbnj
brutal

Post by cbnj »

This game is for pro drivers even the easiest races , thats why i love it so much i never finished complete i Just missesd 1first place in one track so lets say i finish the game 99.99% by reach 2nd place in that single track, sometimes took me more than 30 races to beat a single track, but if you want a trick use the g force of your car for turnings, dont use brake alone Just pres it sligthly to slowdown a bit and also try to control the speed whit the acelerator trigger since its presure sensitive in some curves you dont have to go full speed but dont need to brake, also use the sides of the road as your guide lines to maintain your car as close to the inner side of the curves as you can and most of all do not drift any curve at all you can alsobite a bit of the side of the road to slow down keeping gas full speed or drive a bit over the grass , also something i had in my favor is i drove inside car camera wich gave ultra super control over the wall distances milimetrical-like (there is one track where you can drift tough, reverse nigth B i think, you can drift the spiral curves at the start and the end of the bridge) i always like to drive brakeless Just controling the car whit acelerador and g force, i know can be hard but i broke all 1st places and even broke my own 1st places something i feel very proud of :) and i hope read about you reaching a track when you get a hard springs green race car wich fly to sky whit the sligthless ground bumps, that was was challenging ;) something which helped me a lot used to be play lemas 24 hours at same time, because lemas helps you to drive as it should be acelerate where you should, brake when you have to, and go full sped where you should too, play it in hardest difilcuty. Another thing is create check points along the track, by example remembering what speed you had before a curve or at exit and keep improving until you feel it okay then make another checkpoint and beat the track by segments little by little úntil you beat it complete. Oh and drive the tracks backwards helps too, you can find many ways to give good turns going foward while going backwards, good entry angles and sppeds >:)

ByteComputer78
shadow

Post by ByteComputer78 »

rjay63 wrote:
ByteComputer78 wrote: your help. I just decided to quit with those Driver's License. I think one of the main problem is to drive with the Automatic transmission, and you need to drive Manual Transmission to have better speed control. I only did one race with the Manual Transmission and I got first place. I tried all the other race and it's just too hard. I just keep on retrying and I am just tired, because I just can't do all those Driver's License test even with the Manual Transmission. It just keep me on my nerves, how hard it is on the E Class, I just can't imagine myself doing the B Class licenses and the others... Thanks, but I am going to play something easier...
It is possible to achieve good results with automatic transmission (AT). In fact, my last playthrough (in late 2023) was mainly done using AT and I managed faster lap times. The trick is to be very delicate with the steering, try to brake in a straight line and lots of practice!

Although I have played and completed Sega GT, I do not feel it is a good racer. There are too many problems present (I explained these in my review) and there are better options available on the DC. It's more a "car enthusiast'" game than a racer.

A good solution may be to download a completed save file and just mess around with your favourite cars (or build some wacky vehicles in the Carrozzeria).
What are the better options for the Dreamcast ? My favorite is Vanishing Point, I just like to reduce the Sound Effects and put higher Music Volume to listen to that techno soundtrack while playing. This is a game that need practice too, I am near finishing it. I didn't complete Test Drive V-Rally, I am struggling in this also... Also, I didn't try Metropolis Street Racer...

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post by rjay63 »

ByteComputer78 wrote:What are the better options for the Dreamcast ? My favorite is Vanishing Point, I just like to reduce the Sound Effects and put higher Music Volume to listen to that techno soundtrack while playing. This is a game that need practice too, I am near finishing it. I didn't complete Test Drive V-Rally, I am struggling in this also... Also, I didn't try Metropolis Street Racer...
Ferrari F355 Challenge and Le Mans 24 Hours if you want 'traditional' racers. Metropolis Street Racer, Sega Rally 2, Rush 2049, Hydro Thunder, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer & Daytona USA 2001 for arcade racing. You also have the various F1 racing games although better examples are available on other consoles. There are also the Tokyo Highway games however I haven't played them enough to form an opinion.

To me, Vanishing Point is an awkward mix of arcade tracks and simulation-style physics that doesn't quite work. I wrote a review about that game too (a long time ago).

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

I got Sega GT forever ago but NTSC-J, I was lead to believe it's the 'defining' one but I think what it is is that all three are their own vehicle rosters