weird issue

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RobisMarshall
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake, Starlancer, Chu chu rocket, AFO, PSO

weird issue

Post by RobisMarshall »

Hello,

I just bought a new old stock pal game from pixel heart, Chicken Run. I know that the game really is a 50hz only game unless it is run through vga. Well my Region free dreamcast is on a hdtv but just standard composite. I put it in and it loads and goes to the menu but I get a weird message that says something about a controller not being accepted. (it is in french or Italian, the website says Italian but I believe it is french, so I can not confirm what it says exactly) The thing is the A button and joy stick work but nothing else such as the b button to back out of menus.

I thought maybe it is an issue with my dreamcast, even though the controller works fine in boot menu and in other games, so I tried it on my american sega sports dreamcast with a boot disc. That dc is hooked up to an old crt. It just goes to a blank screen once you switch discs. (I am guessing that this is due to old crt tvs not supporting pal 50hz) anyways has anyone ever heard of a game not recognising specific buttons on a controller before?

I mean I have a gdmenu so I can play the game on my third dc so it is not the biggest deal in the world, but I have never seen this before. Any ideas?