Boot Up Animation Gone After CMOS Battery Change

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

maickv1
noob

Boot Up Animation Gone After CMOS Battery Change

Post#1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:43 am

Hi all,

This is the first time I post on this forum and I hope someone can help me out. I bought an used Dreamcast on ebay last year. It was working fine just having the annoying thing of setting time/date every time the console was powered off. A couple of days ago, I decided to remove the old battery so I bought a LiR2032 battery and a holder so removed the old battery and put a new one (I soldered the battery case it as I wanted it to look good and to actually do it right).

After all was set and done, I plugged the console, turn it on and set the time and date. Then I restarted it and I immediately noticed the boot up animation was gone and it only showed the Dreamcast title and logo and went to the main menu. I then tried with my old backups, after loading the game, it showed the boot up animation and after 30 seconds, it kicked me out of the game and back to the menu. I tried using the official game and it works just fine but not getting the animation as it happens with the backup game.

Any idea what might be wrong? BIOS corrupted? I appreciate any help you can give me.