DreamPi - Fails to answer Dreamcast call after new router installed.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Re: DreamPi - Fails to answer Dreamcast call after new router installed.

Post#61 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:58 pm

I have been sitting in the backseat here hoping that you could soon find a way to fix this. After all of the talks and even thinking myself along with others that is was a deliberate move on the ISP's end to persuade people away from aging technology, I'm glad that you can now rest easy.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

nascar241993
lithium

Post#62 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:40 pm

I should've known that it was the Dreamcast modem to begin with, since the modem was operating inconsistently.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#63 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:44 pm

nascar241993 wrote:Also, to PCwzrd13, I tested out both LVI's, and they both work. I'll be sending the 2nd one back as soon as I possibly can. Sorry to make you go through the trouble.

No problem man! Glad you were able to figure it out! :)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Xiden
Developer

Post#64 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:34 pm

SoulOfIce wrote:I'm having the exact same problem as well nascar, i've tried everything: (Reinstalling DreamPi, using different versions, changing how internet gets to the Raspberry Pi, different power supply's for the Pi, plugging the modem into different USB ports) yet I still get "There is no answer at this telephone number" but the Pi is showing everything running like it's suppose too, and the modem has both lights on. The only thing that could be causing it (only because I can't test it) is the LVI not working, which would make no sense because it has worked in the past, and it's protected quite well by heat shrink. And I also plugged the modem into my Laptop, and it turned on and registered it on my computer, so I don't think it has anything to do with the modem either. So I can't really help, but I just wanted to throw my hat into this confusing ring.

Hmmm maybe SoulOfIce's Dreamcast modem is broken too.