can you burn PSO and play online?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: can you burn PSO and play online?

Post#21 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Jako wrote:How bad is this?

It's pretty bad. You can't get a target lock on other players with Resta, Anti, Shifta, or Deband, so you can't heal and support your teammates. Rafoie also won't get a target lock on anything, so you can't use that Technique at all. The game may also FSOD randomly if you play it this way.

Booting PSO with the Utopia boot disc causes the same problems, which is why we know about these things. Unless DreamShell is fixed to prevent this, you can't play PSO with DreamShell, even though the game does boot. At least in that respect, DreamShell is better than it used to be. I tried to boot PSOv2 with DreamShell in the past, and all I got was a black screen. DreamShell is still not useful for PSO when it causes this many problems, though.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

WildCard
Beats of Rage

Post#22 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Just wanted to give a shout out to Ives and the excellent PSO pack 2.0 images. Finally got around to burning them and have been testing them on sylverant today. The load times are amazing and not having my dreamcast sounding like it is going to explode while loading is a very nice feeling.

Great work on those ! Thanks !

UglyGoblinBoy
rebel

Post#23 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 am

So, I'm trying to use this img to play PSO via my Serial/SD adapter and Dreamshell. I tried converting the CDI image to ISO, but it would not convert properly due to the multiple sessions on the CDI. How did you get around this?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#24 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 am

UglyGoblinBoy wrote:So, I'm trying to use this img to play PSO via my Serial/SD adapter and Dreamshell. I tried converting the CDI image to ISO, but it would not convert properly due to the multiple sessions on the CDI. How did you get around this?

PSO won't work via the SD card adapter unfortunately.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#25 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:32 pm

You can play via SD card through GDEMU, but you can't use the serial port/DreamShell if you want the game to work properly. Fast loading significantly lessens the tedium of playing via disc, though. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."