Help with VGA cable to HDMI upscaler. It's not working.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Elfo7
noob

Help with VGA cable to HDMI upscaler. It's not working.

Post#1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:55 am

My converter/upscaler just arrived today. I was excited to see it on my TV but I get the no signal message everytime.

I have this cable:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hellfire-Trading-VGA-RCA-HD-Cable-Scart-plomo-para-Sega-Dreamcast-dos-/131585302710?hash=item1ea31860b6:g:Kz0AAOSwFqJWh6bV

I connect the cable to this:

https://www.amazon.de/Ligawo-6518836-Konverter-aktiv-Skalierung/dp/B00CRUJGD8/ref=pd_lpo_504_tr_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0YX4NKSFRSG6NTDMCATV

And connect it to my HDMI TV input since it doesn't have VGA.

The upscaler is working because I used a VGA cable to connect to my pc and it worked. But when I plug my Dreamcast cable into the upscaler my 4k 65" HDTV gets no signal. My tv supports 640x480 and I've played using only the cable. I was told using a upscaler would get a better image, so I bought that upscaler but it's not working. I even tried using: DC Cable - VGA HP Cable - Upscaler - HDMI TV

The Dreamcast is working, the cable and the converter are also working separately, but it seems I still get no signal when I plug them.

Please, I really want to play my DC in 1080p. I saw a youtuber using a similar tommee cable with a very similar setup but it doesn't work for me.

sry for english.

Elfo7
noob

Re: Help with VGA cable to HDMI upscaler. It's not working.

Post#2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:31 pm

I fixed it, my upscaler was not compatible with DC resolution it seems.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:52 pm

Sorry for not understanding, but what did you do to fix the problem? I see you mention a "VGA HP" cable. Is this a cable that is made by HP or is this something "else" or does your converter/scaler have the option to just convert (I cannot see if the listed thing you bought has a little dip switch or not to bypass scaling)?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Retrojaner
dark night

Post#4 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:34 pm

The upscaler does not support VGA 640x480.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Oh, that sucks. I never scaled mine, so my TV must support 640x480 (480p) on the HDMI port. All I did was convert the VGA without changing the native resolution of 640x480 (480p). Can you take the scaler back?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs