Sonic's 20th!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RiilihShimo
stalker

Sonic's 20th!

Post by RiilihShimo »

I just thought id say that Sonic will once again be in the Macy's day parade!

So do you think that KIDSPAD will be announced sometime today?
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

MrSega

Re: Sonic's 20th!

Post by MrSega »

RiilihShimo wrote:I just thought id say that Sonic will once again be in the Macy's day parade!

Hopefully so!

After all, GameTester says that he got some info on KIDSPAD ar E3. He claims his sources told him that its being designed as a competitor against the I-pad.

SegaNews
fragger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Post by SegaNews »

MrSega wrote:
RiilihShimo wrote:I just thought id say that Sonic will once again be in the Macy's day parade!

I hopefully so!

After all, GameTester says that he got some info on KIDSPAD ar E3. He claims his sources told him that its being designed as a competitor against the I-pad.
I thought i would post this here, the announcement is most likely not today! because it is not licensed/ patented outside of the USA! So is it US exclusive?
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

@SegaNews. According to the trademark document, the KIDSPAD mark says "Principal" meaning the mark can be used outside of Japan. If it were "Supplemental" it would be used exclusively in Japan.

Thus, I stand by my belief that KIDSPAD will only be marked as a niche product in America and Europe while being mass produced in Japan.

SegaNews
fragger

Post by SegaNews »

MrSega wrote:@SegaNews. According to the trademark document, the KIDSPAD mark says "Principal" meaning the mark can be used outside of Japan. If it were "Supplemental" it would be used exclusively in Japan.

Thus, I stand by my belief that KIDSPAD will only be marked as a niche product in America and Europe while being mass produced in Japan.
Ok it makes sense because the company is based in Japan, while the unit is only filed as Kidspad in the USA, is it trademarked as something else in other countries? http://www.trademarkia.com/kidspad-85249514.html also why is trademarked twice by the same company!? http://www.trademarkia.com/kids-pad-85264286.html

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

@SegaNews. The anwser is pretty simple. When a company files a trademark, they pay an automatic licensing of $160. Depending on whatuse the mark is being designed for, the applicant has the option of choosing a clever logo for it or just sticking with a simple basic design. Electronic manufacturers tend to always go for a special logo design, because of that, they have to file another document using the same mark name with a more detailed description, this assures that the mark is being beta prototyped(meaning its in the mid to final stages) for official usage. Its sort of like a rough draft and final draft.

The basic KIDSPAD logo is the rough draft, the special logo is the final draft.

A applicant usaully has 6 months to respond, if they don't the usgov patent office automatically suspens the mark and gives the owner 4 months to appeal(extend its processing or suspend the mark until futher notice, if they don't respond the mark is abandoned.

Trademark applicants usaully have 10 months to decide its use immediately after its filed. If a mark is filed with a special logo that means its definetly being processed for use.

SegaNews
fragger

Post by SegaNews »

MrSega wrote:@SegaNews. The anwser is pretty simple. When a company files a trademark, they pay an automatic licensing of $160. Depending on whatuse the mark is being designed for, the applicant has the option of choosing a clever logo for it or just sticking with a simple basic design. Electronic manufacturers tend to always go for a special logo design, because of that, they have to file another document using the same mark name with a more detailed description, this assures that the mark is being beta prototyped(meaning its in the mid to final stages) for official usage. Its sort of like a rough draft and final draft.

The basic KIDSPAD logo is the rough draft, the special logo is the final draft.

A applicant usaully has 6 months to respond, if they don't the usgov patent office automatically suspens the mark and gives the owner 4 months to appeal(extend its processing or suspend the mark until futher notice, if they don't respond the mark is abandoned.

Trademark applicants usaully have 10 months to decide its use immediately after its filed. If a mark is filed with a special logo that means its definetly being processed for use.
Ok, thank you!

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Hmm. SEGA was unusally quiet today on Sonic's 20th anniversary. Odd.

There were no press releases of anything. Heck, SEGA hasn't even revealed full details about Sonic Generations, its characters, gameplay, shipping date. SEGA continues to stay quiet on that info.

I guess this draws this conclusion reguarding KIDSPAD: SEGA won't yet annouce the project until they issue a full press release on Sonic Generations revealing its gameplay mechanics, characters and shipping date.

So we'll have to wait until Sonic Generations gets an official detailed press release for KIDSPAD to be publicly confirmed.

Hey SEGA, Where's the surprise that you promised? Why were you so quiet today?

segagago
rebel

Post by segagago »

MrSega, I literally just joined, so can you inform me on this "surprise"?
ImageImageImageImage

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

segagago wrote:MrSega, I literally just joined, so can you inform me on this "surprise"?
Earlier this year, SEGA filed a new hardware trademark called "KIDSPAD" and is planning on introducing a game tablet thats being passed off as a family friendly I-pad which will actually compete against 3DS and PS Vita.

Read my "SEGA files new hardware trademark" topic for details.