Walmart ad discussion

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RiilihShimo
stalker

Re: Walmart ad discussion

Post by RiilihShimo »

Jenkins wrote:A month has passed - it was just a typo...

It's a SIGN too!
xD
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202
Jenkins
MicroMidget
Dreamcast Games you play Online: every still remaining

Post by Jenkins »

:roll:
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Jenkins wrote::roll:

Don't mock the KIDS PAD. Jenkins its real, it exists it is not a fan created rumor. Its an actual REAL Trademark.

There was no need to be rude, please apologize.
RiilihShimo
stalker

Post by RiilihShimo »

Stupid Trolls.
08/16/11[<3]

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

MrSega wrote:
Jenkins wrote::roll:

Don't mock the KIDS PAD. Jenkins its real, it exists it is not a fan created rumor. Its an actual REAL Trademark.

There was no need to be rude, please apologize.

Its just a trademark, its not a product and there is no sign of it becoming one. Everyone has the right to their opinions and Jenkins has a right to his.

RiilihShimo wrote: Stupid Trolls.

I think that comment is uncalled for. Jenkins made no comment other than the emoticon. He is also right, the advert was just a typo, nothing else happened.
RiilihShimo
stalker

Post by RiilihShimo »

="stu"]]
Jenkins wrote::roll:[/quot

RiilihShimo wrote: Stupid Trolls.

I think that comment is uncalled for. Jenkins made no comment other than the emoticon. He is also right, the advert was just a typo, nothing else happened.

Its not just a typo, its also a SIGN. Not a sign that SEGA is getting back into the business, but its a SIGN! If he can't take a joke and give me an eye roll he's a troll imo.
08/16/11[<3]

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

In case anyone wants to know, KIDS PAD is not a prototype, it is a trademark that SEGA is preparing and intends to use. Any suggestion that it isn't anything and that it won't be used is bogus.

SEGA first filed a standard trademark for KIDSPAD in February, then on March 11 they filed another record for the same product using an actual logo design. In May, the status of the mark was changed to MAILED NON FINAL ACTION which means the trademark is being proccesed and needs additional information in order to be registered.

Earlier this month, there was a slight adjustment to the logo and name, instead of the mark being "KIDSPAD"the name was seperated and the words now appear to be apart "KIDS PAD" this indicates that SEGA is in the process of finalizing the design of the logo.

Why there has been no additional info on the mark is the same reason why there's been no press release or official full game details on Sonic Generations is pretty simple: The March 11 Tsunami has caused a delay in the Toyko area trademarking offices.

Sonic Generations' trademark record not showing up for three months is evidence of that.

So I beg to differ to anybody that dares say there's no evidence that KIDS PAD will be used. Oh, thier defintely is. Keep watching for SEGA's next press releases.
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Hey Shimo, as of August 2011 there's been a slight adjustment in the logo design of KIDSPAD, the words "KIDS" & "PAD"are seperated. Its now to be referred to as SEGA "KIDS PAD". ;)
Jenkins
MicroMidget
Dreamcast Games you play Online: every still remaining

Post by Jenkins »

I just wanted to dig up this old thread and give an answer. The date has passed and no game, press release or any other clue popped up. The game was not release for the (rumored) SEGA console.

This is a subforum about rumors. Everyone can write everything. Please do it but I'm on the pessimistic side. :lol:

@RiilihShimo:I saw your ironic. The emoticon rolls his eyes and smlies.

@Topic: The trademark for kidspad was submitted by "SEGA Toys Co., Ltd.". SEGA Toys is known for the smallest (working) piano, Poo-Chi, homestar planetarium, education toys, real looking "Poo-Chi" cats etc. I would speculate for something like that. A learning device for smaller kids or something releated but not a new console for hardcore gamer.
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Jenkins, KIDS PAD is an actual game tablet that will be passed off as a kid friendly iPad the reason why its filed under SEGA TOYS is to both pass it off as a consumer product for children and families and avoid detection from Sony and Nintendo.

It is not a educational game device as there is no such description in the mark.

Apple Computer has also given SEGA the rights and the patent design to make the product.

The KIDS PAD is a totally different endeavor than most of SEGA TOYS common products.(In the 2000s, SEGA TOYS actually had a deal with LeapFrog to sell thier products in Japan.)