The New Sega Console Will Be Called "Orbi"

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: The New Sega Console Will Be Called "Orbi"

Post#71 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:09 pm

@Logic. Though the Waston would cost $300, the tablet controller will most likely add to the costs & double them.

I have heard reports that Nintendo is pitching a $450 price point for one controller $600 for two.

Logic
core

Post#72 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:20 pm

MrSega wrote:@Logic. Though the Waston would cost $300, the tablet controller will most likely add to the costs & double them.

I have heard reports that Nintendo is pitching a $450 price point for one controller $600 for two.

The Wii U at base I would peg at $235-280 to manufacture. Yamaguchi, Miyamoto, and Nintendo's R&D are not Oblivious to the world. They want the largest grasp possible, thus it is reasonable to assume that they have taken steps to reduce the cost of the associated tablet controllers.

Nintendo targets the Broad audience, which only looks at price. People have their limits and Nintendo knows this. If it IS $450 at least, it will become a 3DS, and will quickly have it's price dropped before resuming to pick up sales. $450 is not something Broader Nintendo Buyers are willing to Sink.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#73 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:28 pm

MrSega wrote:Snarky, you do know that there are 5 different logo designs in the document including 3 for several different companies not yet in existance "Orbit Software" & "Orbit Communications". With only 2 Orbi logos.

Next time, why don't try using logic by reading the entire trademark yourself instead of jabbering about something you know nothing about.

I'll take this advice to heart since it comes from someone so familiar with jabbering about something they know nothing about it.

MrSega

Post#74 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:49 pm

@Logic. Latest reports regarding Xbox Loop are widely reporting that Mircosoft has choosen the Radeon 6000 Northern Island series for GPU hardware. This series has a much more defined & better preforming engine than R770 which is from 2008.

Radeon 6000 also contains more features & a much lower watt of 40mn.

So I would say the Next Xbox having twice the power of Wii U, with slightly less costly GPU coupled with it possiblly using a Lynnfield or Bloomfield Intel i7 CPU. That counts the Wii U out as being techinically significant.

Logic
core

Post#75 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:34 pm

MrSega wrote:@Logic. Latest reports regarding Xbox Loop are widely reporting that Mircosoft has choosen the Radeon 6000 Northern Island series for GPU hardware. This series has a much more defined & better preforming engine than R770 which is from 2008.

So I would say the Next Xbox having twice the power of Wii U, with slightly less costly GPU coupled with it possiblly using a Lynnfield or Bloomfield Intel i7 CPU. That counts the Wii U out as being techinically significant.

Save for the talk from reporting sites that compared to the Wii U's known specs, have put the 720 at a minor 20% more powerful than the Wii U. It also doesn't help that the 3 year old 5850 Radeon can absolutely demolish most of the 6000 series lineup, including the rumored 6670 for the 720, at power consumption and performance, and considering these aren't mobile devices, performance would be something that most would favor.

Even the R700 based 4790, which is a mid range GPU that is 4 years old can spec to spec compete and even out do the 6670 in the fields of Memory bandwidth and Pixel rate, which is better for Video resolution, especially in the High settings.

The only significant boost Specification wise I'm seeing for the 720 is 3D 11 support and that's assuming it is the 6670 from reports, whereas the Wii U would only reach 10.1 peak as well as Shader Model 5.0(720) vs 4.1(Wi U). The use of a core i7 is doubtful, especially Since Intel is currently pushing on mobile platforms such as Android and it's own Tizen OS. The only cooperation with MS seen is on Windows 8 tablets.
Freedoms:

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#76 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 pm

MrSega wrote:@Logic. Latest reports regarding Xbox Loop are widely reporting that Mircosoft has choosen the Radeon 6000 Northern Island series for GPU hardware. This series has a much more defined & better preforming engine than R770 which is from 2008.

Current rumors are pointing to a multicore POWER based CPU, not Intel based.

MrSega

Post#77 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:38 pm

@Logic. I would say that Shader Model 5.0 & Shadel Model 4.1 have siginificant differences in Memory usage,Watts, & in configuration.

Nothing has been confirmed regarding Xbox Loop's actual specs. There's nothing concrete that confirms which Radeon GPU it will use, 6000 or 7000?

As for it using Power i7, I based that thoery on the report "6Xs the power of 360" knowing Mircosoft's history of using Intel CPUs in their Xboxs,(Pentium III with Xbox & Xeneon with 360,to me Power i7 just sounds more logical especially if it isn't going to be extremely powerful.

Logic
core

Post#78 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:45 pm

MrSega wrote:@Logic. I would say that Shader Model 5.0 & Shadel Model 4.1 have siginificant differences in Memory usage,Watts, & in configuration.

Nothing has been confirmed regarding Xbox Loop's actual specs. There's nothing concrete that confirms which Radeon GPU it will use, 6000 or 7000?

As for it using Power i7, I based that thoery on the report "6Xs the power of 360" knowing Mircosoft's history of using Intel CPUs in their Xboxs,(Pentium III with Xbox & Xeneon with 360,to me Power i7 just sounds more logical especially if it isn't going to be extremely powerful.

Nothing is finalized for anyone at this point, so from that point one could argue that until we do have the finalized specifications rather than subjective rounding, one should neither rule out the Wii U in terms of performance nor support it. We don't know how heavily modified the GPU is, and having support for a feature doesn't necessarily mean that feature will be supported.

As for the core i7 you are incorrect. The only Intel Processor used by Microsoft in the console space was for their Original Xbox. The Xenon is IBM designed, utilizing PowerPC architecture and Manufactured by Global Foundries. No Intel involved in any of this.
Freedoms:

MrSega

Post#79 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 pm

@Logic. I had thought Xenon was an Intel product. Didn't know it was an IBM off the self contracting job.

Anyway, do you think AMD Bulldozer is possible? I'm not sure Microsoft has much options with IBM Power PC.

Logic
core

Post#80 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:08 pm

MrSega wrote:@Logic. I had thought Xenon was an Intel product. Didn't know it was an IBM off the self contracting job.

Anyway, do you think AMD Bulldozer is possible? I'm not sure Microsoft has much options with IBM Power PC.

Common mistake.
This is the 360 CPU: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenon_(processor)

This is what you were thinking of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Xeon

I can see the mistakes that could be made not a major one though.

Considering AMD IS Radeon at this point in time, I don't throw out the possibility of such an integrated hardware solution. I'm just not sure if AMD would be able to meet demand, one of the reasons on top of a few others that their chips were rejected for iMacs and Macbooks. They are focusing on their own mobile chipsets and throwing their weight against Intel's "Ultrabook" tide. So While I'm sure AMD itself could do well with the chip, Demand, and their inability to secure large amounts of key components would hurt the 720/loop with such integration, compared to simply supplying a part.
Freedoms: