3d action/adventure or platformer ..looking for team of programmers / artists

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

jesty_kiwi
noob

3d action/adventure or platformer ..looking for team of programmers / artists

Post#1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:39 pm

I've attached examples of works and ideas I have for a game. Not sure if this is the place to post this so if not could someone please direct me to the right forum?

Also, what is the poly limit per character Dreamcast can handle? For instance, what was the poly count for characters in Code: Veronica, Shenmue, SoulCalibur, Dead or Alive2, etc.

I rarely see 3d platformers or action/adventure homebrew or games. Hoping to get a team established. Only serious contenders only with valid experience in programming, modeling, and digital painting for concepts/ assets.
Attachments
17352540_168921740288511_3199692673139190027_n.jpg
16711508_144863316027687_8095807813096890022_n.jpg

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: 3d action/adventure or platformer ..looking for team of programmers / artists

Post#2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:25 am

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but when the last time people tried to make an ambitious 3D indie game on the Dreamcast using Kickstarter, they crashed and burned, failing to reach their funding goal. (That game was 'In The Line Of Fire' in case you haven't heard of it before.)

So if your plan is to get funding in advance to make a game, I think it's safe to say the Dreamcast indie scene is not big enough to support bigger, more expensive projects. If the plan is more like a hobby project thing, doing it at your own pace and sell it when/if it's complete, you're of course welcome to try. But I've seen a few of those as well, only to disappear after a while without a trace.

Maybe a better place to ask for help is at the DCEmulation forum: http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/index.php