Collector's list: independent and unlicensed software for Dreamcast on physical media

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

OatBob
MegaDeath

Re: Collector's list: independent and unlicensed software for Dreamcast on physical media

Post by OatBob »

Driving Strikers has shipped. Go for the goal!

galaxygod wrote:I found this guy on Facebook a few months ago, he released an album on mil cd that has a visualiser when played in a dreamcast with animations done by Duranik, it’s for sale through his bandcamp, definitely should be on the list!

https://remute.bandcamp.com/album/gener ... vItIMR9r98
I agree REMUTE GENERATIONS is worth mentioning, and 100% worth collecting. Although not a playable game, the DC content certainly places it in the same class as MIL-CD releases, or some of the video-only demos. Let's list this as a self-published title for now. Edge cases like this one are difficult to categorize and to filter, and can be problematic for the list. As a curator, I aim to exclude reproductions. These reproductions are numerous, violate trademark, and do not benefit the developers.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

OatBob
MegaDeath

Re: Collector's list: independent and unlicensed software for Dreamcast on physical media

Post by OatBob »

I re-discovered footage of an unboxing video for the Pier Solar Collector's Edition. Presentation is mediocre and underwhelming, but I think some collectors may benefit from viewing all of the components. I will definitely make a better video when Elysian Shadows ships.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post by DCGX »

OatBob wrote:I will definitely make a better video when Elysian Shadows ships.
Do you know something we don't?

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post by OatBob »

No, still waiting the same as everyone else.

lerabot
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Starlancer

Post by lerabot »

OatBob wrote: when Elysian Shadows ships.
Sending ONLY good vibes to Falco.
Indie Game Studio

glazball
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by glazball »

I’d like to mention some possible updates to the list. First, Andro Dunos 2 (both NTSC and PAL) seems to be listed twice (aside from the Space Songs Edition).

Next, there is a US version of Yeah Yeah Beebiss II that is missing. I bought my copy <here> but it also looks like <Good Deal Games>is selling it also. Good Deal Games also isn’t listed in the independent game sellers thread either, and I think they are worth a mention. Been around a while, though it looks like their store is on hold until March.

Thank you for these incredible threads!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Just so you know NEW POWERED Generation #1 (included with SEGA POWERED magazine #5) (100 copies) is all my work code even an easter egg in there button combo that show my name lol

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post by OatBob »

glazball wrote:I’d like to mention some possible updates to the list. First, Andro Dunos 2 (both NTSC and PAL) seems to be listed twice (aside from the Space Songs Edition).

Next, there is a US version of Yeah Yeah Beebiss II that is missing. I bought my copy <here> but it also looks like <Good Deal Games>is selling it also. Good Deal Games also isn’t listed in the independent game sellers thread either, and I think they are worth a mention. Been around a while, though it looks like their store is on hold until March.

Thank you for these incredible threads!
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Andro Dunos 2 double listing was just a placeholder and has been removed. I should follow up and make sure there aren't any JP listings missing. As the Good Deal Games store is closed and the ebay store inactive for over 12 months, the store listing can wait to be added to the retailers list. I'll be watching.

I'm ordering my copy of Yeah Yeah Beebiss II from Rigg'd Games (the developer). I can add it to the list shortly after. I only need to verify the publisher. It could be self-published, but I suspect it was handled by Mega Cat Studios who did the NES release. A side note, what the heck is with the cover image? The picture shows a cracked case, lol
Last edited by OatBob on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post by OatBob »

Ian Micheal wrote:Just so you know NEW POWERED Generation #1 (included with SEGA POWERED magazine #5) (100 copies) is all my work code even an easter egg in there button combo that show my name lol
You've made so much for the homebrew community, but is this the first time your code has been committed to a pressed disc?

Also, unfortunate Sega Powered is gone.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

OatBob wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Just so you know NEW POWERED Generation #1 (included with SEGA POWERED magazine #5) (100 copies) is all my work code even an easter egg in there button combo that show my name lol
You've made so much for the homebrew community, but is this the first time your code has been committed to a pressed disc?

Also, unfortunate Sega Powered is gone.
Yes! it's pity i liked the mag :)