Gens4Dreams RC3: Shangri-La, 2/3/2023

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

WedgeStratos
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: From AFO to WebTV

Re: Gens4Dreams RC3: Shangri-La, 2/3/2023

Post by WedgeStratos »

OlivusPrime wrote:
WedgeStratos wrote:Is there any other issues I'm missing right now? I'm already trying adding new content, first with an Alien Soldier 6 button hack.
Thanks for your continued hard work on this. On the topic of Ecco, do you know if Ecco Jr. works in this emulator? Could be nice to have the full Mega Drive trilogy present.
Dating back to testing on 4.0, Ecco Jr had what I assume was some kind of anti-piracy measure that will randomly break controller input. I cab try again with the new controller options to see if I can remedy this but it's been a strange ongoing issue that renders the game unplayable

Still better progress than Ristar :?
TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post by TheWhiteDevil27 »

I wish there was a per-compiled plain files version of this without any roms where you can make a CDI selfboot file with your own roms..... This emulator seems pretty darn impressive for what it is.
Snake79
lithium

Post by Snake79 »

I have given this a go on my DC running MODE via DCHDMI.

Firstly I wanted to say a massive thanks for all the hard work and effort in putting this together. To have so many games in one place is amazing. Visually, the games look stunning. I have never seen these game look so good. The DCHDMI is doing an incredible job, the graphics are bright and clean and are massive upgrade over what was achievable on the old console and tvs. The sound is great too, the audio is just like the Megadrive. I tried emulation years ago but it was nothing like this.

I do have a couple observations. There seems to be noticeable lag between button presses and action on screen, about a third of a second. This could be related to my hardware and requires further testing on my part. My Dreamcast is connected via HDMI into an AVR which then sends video to my TV. I don't notice any lag playing regular Dreamcast games with MODE but a few on the emulator are noticeably laggy. I will try with different controllers first.

The second is a graphical glitch in Psycho Pinball. During the demo play when the high scores come up for each table, the armadillo character that is on the right side of the screen is split in two, half on the bottom of the screen and the other half is moved up beyond the top of the screen.
joelos1111
shadow

Post by joelos1111 »

Hello everybody, i want to know what should i do if i want to use this Emulator within another Emulator?, i mean i've been trying over the past few weeks to play this GENS4ALL emulator using the Flycast app on my Android 11 phone but i can get to pass the selection menu, whenever I choose to play any Game then screen just don't load correctly and all i can see is a bunch of weird lines and stuff, note that Flycast Emulator only play either GDI, CDI or CHT file extensions therefore i searched for other Genesis/Megadrive Emulators for Dreamcast and found one in a CDI format in an archive.org post, it is a previous version of the Gens Emulator, so i started using it and found out that the Video/Graphics of the roms works almost perfectly but the main problem is the Audio that go silent or unhearable after a couple of minutes, already tried messing with the options but so far haven't find a solution for that issue. Anyway what i'm trying to say is that please in upcoming updates try to make this GENS4ALL Emulator more compatible with Android Dreamcast Emulators as well. I know that some of you are probably going to tell me to download an Emulator specifically made for Android but that's not my point, i just want to also feel the experience of playing an Emulator inside another Emulator something like an Emuception :D :D :D :lol: , but seriously guys i just want know if it is possible to make this work on an Android Device?, please forgive my English which is my second Language hence i guess is far from being perfect. Thank you guys in advance
Attachments
Whenever i open a ROM this happens3
Whenever i open a ROM this happens3
Whenever i open a ROM this happens2
Whenever i open a ROM this happens2
Whenever i open a ROM this happens1
Whenever i open a ROM this happens1
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

joelos1111 wrote:Hello everybody, i want to know what should i do if i want to use this Emulator within another Emulator?, i mean i've been trying over the past few weeks to play this GENS4ALL emulator using the Flycast app on my Android 11 phone but i can get to pass the selection menu, whenever I choose to play any Game then screen just don't load correctly and all i can see is a bunch of weird lines and stuff, note that Flycast Emulator only play either GDI, CDI or CHT file extensions therefore i searched for other Genesis/Megadrive Emulators for Dreamcast and found one in a CDI format in an archive.org post, it is a previous version of the Gens Emulator, so i started using it and found out that the Video/Graphics of the roms works almost perfectly but the main problem is the Audio that go silent or unhearable after a couple of minutes, already tried messing with the options but so far haven't find a solution for that issue. Anyway what i'm trying to say is that please in upcoming updates try to make this GENS4ALL Emulator more compatible with Android Dreamcast Emulators as well. I know that some of you are probably going to tell me to download an Emulator specifically made for Android but that's not my point, i just want to also feel the experience of playing an Emulator inside another Emulator something like an Emuception :D :D :D :lol: , but seriously guys i just want know if it is possible to make this work on an Android Device?, please forgive my English which is my second Language hence i guess is far from being perfect. Thank you guys in advance
It does not work on pc redream or flycast i have talked to both dev's might want to asked them as this is problem on the dc emulator side demul pc emulator and hardware work this flawless
dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

joelos1111 wrote:Hello everybody, i want to know what should i do if i want to use this Emulator within another Emulator?, i mean i've been trying over the past few weeks to play this GENS4ALL emulator using the Flycast app on my Android 11 phone but i can get to pass the selection menu, whenever I choose to play any Game then screen just don't load correctly and all i can see is a bunch of weird lines and stuff, note that Flycast Emulator only play either GDI, CDI or CHT file extensions therefore i searched for other Genesis/Megadrive Emulators for Dreamcast and found one in a CDI format in an archive.org post, it is a previous version of the Gens Emulator, so i started using it and found out that the Video/Graphics of the roms works almost perfectly but the main problem is the Audio that go silent or unhearable after a couple of minutes, already tried messing with the options but so far haven't find a solution for that issue. Anyway what i'm trying to say is that please in upcoming updates try to make this GENS4ALL Emulator more compatible with Android Dreamcast Emulators as well. I know that some of you are probably going to tell me to download an Emulator specifically made for Android but that's not my point, i just want to also feel the experience of playing an Emulator inside another Emulator something like an Emuception :D :D :D :lol: , but seriously guys i just want know if it is possible to make this work on an Android Device?, please forgive my English which is my second Language hence i guess is far from being perfect. Thank you guys in advance
use a genesis core in retroarch on android
Tempus
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Puyo puyo

Post by Tempus »

Does anyone know how to use gdemu to save the game in gens4dreams??? I didn't find a solution, no other mega drive emulator doesn't record either
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Tempus wrote:Does anyone know how to use gdemu to save the game in gens4dreams??? I didn't find a solution, no other mega drive emulator doesn't record either
Cant save on gdemu it's read only like a gdrom.. Can save in games using the vmu when the game supports srm battery backup saving. save in the game where you would on real genny go to menn check saving it say state change save..

No save states it's normal saving only if the game it's self supported and it works perfect..
djhazardous
lithium

Post by djhazardous »

Does anyone have any ideas why this won't load on my DC with Dreamshell?

I've tested normal games in GDI format and they work, I am using Dreamshell 4.00 RC5 (I have also tried RC4) and trying to load the .ISO in the ISO loader but it just reboots the Dreamcast and re-loads Dreamshell.

EDIT:

Fixed it, needed to select the 'Homebrew' checkbox in the game settings which you access by pressing B on a selected game in the ISO loader.
Last edited by djhazardous on Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djhazardous
lithium

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post by djhazardous »

OlivusPrime wrote:
fafadou wrote:Gens4all run with dreamshell sd card reader so I guess yes it's possible.
Select homebrew OS.
Selecting homebrew OS worked! You're a life saver.
Where is this option located please?

EDIT:

I finally found this setting, you have to press B on the selected ISO for custom settings.