The new proposed "VM2" from Chris at DreamMods.net

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Animated Violence

Re: The new proposed "VM2" from Chris at DreamMods.net

Post by ateam »

DCGX wrote:I got really excited with the first line, then really bummed with the second line that this isn't with game discs. I'm guessing it just isn't possible with real Dreamcast games/discs?
Correct.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

DCGX
Vagabond

Post by DCGX »

ateam wrote:
DCGX wrote:I got really excited with the first line, then really bummed with the second line that this isn't with game discs. I'm guessing it just isn't possible with real Dreamcast games/discs?
Correct.
That's a bummer.

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

Anyone able to get the set clock function to retain its values when you shut down the vmu? I'm mostly just wanting to set the dogs to fishes on the clock but it doesn't appear to retain the value. Not sure if that's a bug or how it currently works by design.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post by ateam »

Xiden wrote:Anyone able to get the set clock function to retain its values when you shut down the vmu? I'm mostly just wanting to set the dogs to fishes on the clock but it doesn't appear to retain the value. Not sure if that's a bug or how it currently works by design.
Per the manual, the date and time are set when you set the VM2 to GUI mode, connect it to your computer, and then launch the VM2 GUI.

I mentioned to Chris having the ability to change the date and time directly on the VM2 itself is a necessary feature, and it's on his backlog of features to implement.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post by fraggle200 »

got my VM2 today and was wondering.... is there an Archive of 100% *.VMU files anywhere?

I have the VMI/VMS files so I could make them with VMU Explorer but before I go through that laborious process I thought I'd check incase they're already out there in a zip file somewhere.

Spleet
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms World Party, Quake 3, 4x4 Evo, Chu Chu Rocket, StarLancer, POD SpeedZone, Bomberman Online*

Post by Spleet »

fraggle200 wrote:got my VM2 today and was wondering.... is there an Archive of 100% *.VMU files anywhere?

I have the VMI/VMS files so I could make them with VMU Explorer but before I go through that laborious process I thought I'd check incase they're already out there in a zip file somewhere.
Dream Explorer has a ton of saves, but it would be a slow going process to upload them to the VMU individually in real time from the disc... They may be stored as files on the disc image, though. I've never looked, but I know they are there in some form.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »