USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85 - does this adapter require an original xbox 360 controller or might a clone knockoff work (which is what I have)?

What about other 3rd party devices which use the standard controller vid, pid?
Xbox 360 Wired (vid + pid).png

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

I don't have an answer to this question, the only way to find out is to check.
I don’t have clones to test, so after checking, tell me if it works or not
I think since the clone is compatible with the console, it will be compatible with the adapter

rpf16rj
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Ooga Booga, Tetris Online, Alien Front, 4x4 Evo

Post by rpf16rj »

megavolt85 wrote:what USB hub are you using, can you take a photo?
This one:
*ignore cable with glue, just did solder usb-c cable to minimize power issues.

Another question, i has this receiver RF from Slim model, model 1410. This work on Windows with soldered wires to USB points. I did test on adapter but don't work.
Is possible use this version or only Fat model is supported?

The USB VID is:
USB\VID_045E&PID_02AA&REV_0330

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

rpf16rj wrote: The USB VID is:
test it
USB4MAPLE(test RF360s).zip
(52.59 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

rpf16rj
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Ooga Booga, Tetris Online, Alien Front, 4x4 Evo

Post by rpf16rj »

megavolt85 wrote:
rpf16rj wrote: The USB VID is:
test it
USB4MAPLE(test RF360s).zip
Worked, awesome! Thanks.
Now, i need a case for put all :D
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/U6Pqpjst2co

Xerxes3rd
fire

Post by Xerxes3rd »

This is excellent! If I may ask: are you running the Maple driver using PIO on the RP2040?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Couple questions for you @Megavolt:

1. Any chance you'll look into adding Bluetooth support via a USB dongle? That could potentially add support for a ton of modern controllers.

2. Is there a way to add save files to the virtual VMU via a PC? Not sure if it's possible to read the contents of the .bin file. Would be really cool if you could do that.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Xerxes3rd wrote:are you running the Maple driver using PIO on the RP2040?
at first I used this project, but it was missing a lot of packets, in the end I completely rewrote the PIO module in order to read data from maple in whole bytes.
I use the second core and both PIO modules for MAPLE, the first core is used for USB
pcwzrd13 wrote: 1. Any chance you'll look into adding Bluetooth support via a USB dongle? That could potentially add support for a ton of modern controllers.
At the moment I am not planning such an opportunity, maybe in the future I will think about it
pcwzrd13 wrote: 2. Is there a way to add save files to the virtual VMU via a PC? Not sure if it's possible to read the contents of the .bin file. Would be really cool if you could do that.
These are regular VMU dumps, they are compatible with emulators and VMU explorer
vmuexplorer.rar
(116.33 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

MoeFoh
Uber

Post by MoeFoh »

pcwzrd13 wrote:Couple questions for you @Megavolt:

1. Any chance you'll look into adding Bluetooth support via a USB dongle? That could potentially add support for a ton of modern controllers.

2. Is there a way to add save files to the virtual VMU via a PC? Not sure if it's possible to read the contents of the .bin file. Would be really cool if you could do that.
I plan on testing the 8bitdo usb2bt v1 adapter and the Mayflash usb2bt adapters. Both adapters work with the Brooks WingmanSD. Both adapters setup as a wired Xbox 360 controller in Xinput mode, so I think there is a decent chance of it working.

I just got all the parts for Mega Maple (tm) adapter :lol: - just need to make it.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

MoeFoh wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote: 1. Any chance you'll look into adding Bluetooth support via a USB dongle? That could potentially add support for a ton of modern controllers.
I plan on testing the 8bitdo usb2bt v1 adapter and Mayflash usb2bt adapter. Both adapters work with the Brooks WingmanSD. Both adapters setup as a wired Xbox 360 controller in Xinput mode, so I think there is a decent chance of it working.
Yeah I thought of that but for the price of everything you can just buy a dedicated Dreamcast Bluetooth adapter. lol The ability to just add a cheap USB Bluetooth dongle would be awesome.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live