USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by MoeFoh »

megavolt85 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote: Turns out not to be a power issue.
have you tested other games? Is this problem only in 4 wheel thunder or in other games too?
Same thing with 240p Test Suite - controller test -> maple devices -> jumppack test (highlight item & use left or right arrow to start the test).
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85
Do you think a wireless xbox 360 knockoff controller like this design could work? Probably, all depends on the receiver, yes?
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Xbox ... 0CPLPMC93/

Says "updated for 2024" - xbox slim came out in 2010! :lol:

Also, "specially designed for Americans". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

This fake uses a 2.4 GHz receiver, I'm sure it's not compatible with x360.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

megavolt85 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:Any idea @Megavolt?
no, I don’t have this adapter, I don’t even know how it is detected by my adapter, I assume that it works like PS3 controller clones in which vibration also does not work
The Mayflash adapter simply converts signals from a bunch of different controllers into xinput (or whatever you have it set to). So apparently input works perfectly fine but it just doesn't understand the signal sent for rumble.

So I've been using the adapter quite a bit and noticed that it sometimes doesn't detect the controller and I have to turn the console off and back on (sometimes a few times) for it to work. Maybe there's a bug with the controller detection?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

rpf16rj
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Ooga Booga, Tetris Online, Alien Front, 4x4 Evo

Post by rpf16rj »

megavolt85 wrote: P. S. last night they added support for the G29 steering wheel in PS4 mode, it remains to limit the movement from 900 degrees to 270
Tests with Test Drive Lemans 24h: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXOPpo6yBQg

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

pcwzrd13 wrote:So apparently input works perfectly fine but it just doesn't understand the signal sent for rumble.
this means that Myflash does not support vibration command for x360, I have no information what command Myflash uses to enable vibration
pcwzrd13 wrote: So I've been using the adapter quite a bit and noticed that it sometimes doesn't detect the controller and I have to turn the console off and back on (sometimes a few times) for it to work. Maybe there's a bug with the controller detection?
this is more like a flash memory failure due to overclocking, try the firmware for waveshare

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

megavolt85 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote: So I've been using the adapter quite a bit and noticed that it sometimes doesn't detect the controller and I have to turn the console off and back on (sometimes a few times) for it to work. Maybe there's a bug with the controller detection?
this is more like a flash memory failure due to overclocking, try the firmware for waveshare
That's the version I'm using.
PSO Characters:

robinhoodie
undertow

Post by robinhoodie »

megavolt85 wrote: First, insert the controller into the PC and look at its vid pid
Just to be clear. Can the vid pid be added to the software for the device or in working with the device should I only look for controllers that have the same vid pid as a standard 360 controller?

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

robinhoodie wrote: Just to be clear. Can the vid pid be added to the software for the device or in working with the device should I only look for controllers that have the same vid pid as a standard 360 controller?
it's not that simple, for example the RF module from xbox360s works exactly the same as the RF module from xbox360 fat, but it just has a different PID, so I just needed to add its PID.
But for example, the Myflash adapter uses the same VID/PID as the x360 wired controller, but does not accept the vibration command.
look at what VID/PID your controllers have and let me know, and I’ll look for information on them.
It is not always possible to find information in the public domain, for example, for the Logitech G29 PS4 steering wheel I needed to take logs, @rpf16rj made a bunch of logs last night so that I could add support for this steering wheel

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

@Megavolt Any chance you can add support for the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick? Would be cool to use for flight games. Not sure if it will be as easy as just adding the VID and PID but I can test it.

Info:
VID: 0x046D PID: 0xC215
PSO Characters: