sturmwind translation

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Charlton
Anarki

sturmwind translation

Post#1 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:25 am

i know sturmwind is a shmup and most times they are not bothered much with doing a good story but i am so intrigued by what i have seen and the little bit of the story i was able to read in english that i was wondering if any one had plans on translating this even if just in a faqs form on gamefaqs etc. i think that would be real cool and make a lot of people happy and think they got a more complete feel for this highly praised game.

it looks so unique in story and art design that to not know its story unless you speak german is just too bad.
heck the game has me wanting to buy it and I'm not much of a shmup player at all.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: sturmwind translation

Post#2 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:34 am

^Yes, the intro sequence is in german. I looked for an english language version in-game but no luck.
I did wonder what was being said. It's a great game and Duranik are working on a new dc game, yipee.

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:43 am

Here's a rough translation of the speech from the intro:

"The time has come. It has to end here. Your wings of steel now are our last resort. A gigantic storm is gathering - war and devastation are devouring our world. And although galaxies seperate us, our thoughts are always with you.
STURMWIND, this message is for everyone remaining out there: We are waiting."

The whole "storyline" can be found in the boss-guide which is included in the limited "Windstärke 12" edition.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:38 am

basically: there's a lot of evil going on in the galaxy & you're going to stop it.

as if any shmup ever needed a different plot :lol: :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#5 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:35 pm

mazonemayu wrote:basically: there's a lot of evil going on in the galaxy & you're going to stop it.

In fact it's a deeply nuanced, serpentine plot, seamlessly woven into the overarching narrative, just like all shmups!! :roll:

Charlton
Anarki

Post#6 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Wrath of Khan wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:basically: there's a lot of evil going on in the galaxy & you're going to stop it.

In fact it's a deeply nuanced, serpentine plot, seamlessly woven into the overarching narrative, just like all shmups!! :roll:

play-asia had the story sounding like a quest to find humans' ancestor planet. its not like I'm expecting prometheus guys just looked like a more unique story then they had too do and i want to know what it is.

Charlton
Anarki

Post#7 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Omnibot2000 wrote:Here's a rough translation of the speech from the intro:

"The time has come. It has to end here. Your wings of steel now are our last resort. A gigantic storm is gathering - war and devastation are devouring our world. And although galaxies seperate us, our thoughts are always with you.
STURMWIND, this message is for everyone remaining out there: We are waiting."

The whole "storyline" can be found in the boss-guide which is included in the limited "Windstärke 12" edition.

thanks for the info.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#8 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Charlton wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:

play-asia had the story sounding like a quest to find humans' ancestor planet. its not like I'm expecting prometheus guys just looked like a more unique story then they had too do and i want to know what it is.

Yes, of course. I was just fooling about. The intro is in german only.