Revolt Mod - In progress

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

RetroFox
undertow

Re: Revolt Mod - Help needed.

Post#21 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Good call man Iv already added a delorean ;) haha

HUGE BLOODY UPDATE!

Iv done it! I figured out how to make objects work!
Check it, I put that palm tree there =D (pats self on the back)
OBJECT.png

Again ignore the texture issue, iv been ignoring it for now.. I know how to correct it =)
I have also now added just over 30 cars, a mix of fully custom designs, real cars and wacky and fun cars similar to how the original did it =)

Trying to get to this point Iv found a bunch more info out.
Track names + draw distances cant be changed . Track ini files are not used at all... matter of fact there seems to be more at play than that.
Im sure these plus more options are buried deep in the Dreamcast executable so cant be modded.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#22 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:48 pm

Awesome!

A shame about the track names and draw distance. Maybe if you posted over at assembler the dudes there that are better with code could help out? Lots of smart guys over there. I would try to help out but not much of a coder. I am making a Korean War total conversion mod for Battlefield 2, and I understand some code but not enough to write anything from scratch...

After I release that mod in December, I wanted to get into modding Half-Life on DC. I see a lot of untapped potential in the game engine.

Anyways, not trying to toot my horn too much or anything but you can check out what kind of mod I am working on now.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

I can't wait to see what you are able to achieve in the end, even if it means renaming custom tracks to default track names just to get them to work.

RetroFox
undertow

Post#23 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:00 pm

My idea to bypass the track name thing is to just add the actual track name to the image. Its a small price really =).
I do mean to move onto that site soon. But I expect most people wnt care until they see the capabilities ... and then I can send them the source code ;) Before anything like that I can do pretty much everything wanted... just some of the processes will need extra time. Cars are quick and simple, I can even add more then the native game come with. I will check your link soon... My birthday right now so a little drunk so bedd soon haha.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#24 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:32 am

Ah, well that works for a solution to the track names. I wonder though, can you only have as many tracks as are in the game currently then if the track names are a limitation?

RetroFox
undertow

Post#25 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Im expecting that is the case. I do plan to test at some point, I think you can add extra cars like on the PC though (I will be just strait replacing all the originals however)

I have confirmed a new track issue with engine changes.
Textures change depending on what folder they are in.... so some textures on custom maps will have a sketchy look even when processed correctly.
I took one custom track and replaced 3 maps with it, each had there own way of displaying each texture.
So some of my map imports will have odd textures here and there as a result.. but I will be testing in all folders to make sure I can get everything displayed in the most pleasing way.

I also think I should "Remix" a bunch of the original tracks so I can use the original textures.
Now I can move objects around and change track nodes ect It seems like a good idea =).
I may even be able to import new objects to old maps (Giving that I can replace the texture needed without ruining the rest of the objects)

Heres a little peak of the Delorean I took for you earlier =)
(The track in the background is what I hope to add first)
Attachments
backttf.jpg

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#26 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:58 am

Oh wow even better it's the BTTF version! Looking awesome man I can't wait to play the finished mod.

Btw, did you know there is a guy trying to port 4X4 Evo 2 over to DC for the most part using the first game as a basis and then porting the other assets and tweaks from the PC version of part 2?

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/4x4 ... ast.57962/

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#27 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Tfat DeLorean is freaking sweet!!!!

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#28 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:14 am

May there is a release even it's only a beta version ?
How to add the cars in the original game ?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#29 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:11 pm

Any progress?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#30 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Just curious if Retrofox has had any progress with this?