Need help with translations

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Roel
Developer

Re: Need help with translations

Post#21 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:45 am

mstar wrote:Oh and let us know when / where we can buy the game, i'm still missing that one in my collection :)

Will do!

SiZiOUS
Developer

Post#22 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:34 am

OK,
Here is my updated translation:

- Sound test: Test sonore
- (stop): (arrêter)
- (stopped): (arrêté)
- Select track: Sélectionner une piste
- Clarity: Effet (note: this option is set by yes/no? - you can keep Clarté if necessary)
- Song: Piste
- Artist: Artiste
- Position: Position
- Theme: Thème
- Menu: Menu
- Desert: Désert
- Circuit: Circuit
- City: Ville
- Desert (night): Désert (nuit)
- Circuit (night): Circuit (nuit)
- City (night): Ville (nuit)
- Final: Final
- Space: Espace
- Game over: Partie terminée
- Bonus track: Bonus (or Circuit bonus)

Don't forget to answer to my other questions below :)
SiZiOUS wrote:Image
- Select PAL video mode: Configurer le mode vidéo PAL (it can be also Configurez le mode vidéo PAL, depending of the other strings translation style. Maybe just post another already translated screenshot and I'll adapt the translation if needed).
- PAL video mode: Mode vidéo PAL
- PAL50/60 menu on startup: Afficher le menu PAL50/60 au démarrage (Yes: Oui, No: Non). But what's the purpose here? When starting the game, the PAL50/60 menu selection is shown, OR, display that screen, i.e. the PAL50/60 menu, in PAL50/60, at startup? Because it can be also: Afficher le menu au démarrage en PAL50/60. Or maybe, you just want to mean, show this current PAL selection screen when launching a game?
- Start: Démarrer

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#23 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:12 am

News R4 version with online multiplayers ? :D
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#24 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:19 pm

A question, i purchased RRRR on the launch, or months later, dont mind that now hehe.
For me was and is a perfect game, i only found a little issue on it that maybe is easy to fix.
I love to use VGA in most games. In RRRR VGA looks amazing, really good to be a 2D game. But i tried in many monitors or tv and alwais on VGA the image is moved to the left, in you miss some space of that image. Y can adjust the hud, but still missing part of the screen. Can be added a option to center the screen? For this im obligated to play forever this game with scart :-(
This is selecting the failsafe video mode, if NTSC is choosed, i lost the image signal. Strange, but this 2 issues never allowed to play this jewell in VGA.
Anyway, i sure i will buy this re-edition :-)

Edit: A Pal user.
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

krssn
Metallic

Post#25 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:00 pm

- Select track: Sélectionner la piste audio / piste audio
- Song: Chanson
- Game over: Game Over

I would take chanson over piste. I think it sounds better, and it avoids using piste twice once for track and once for song. Maybe even just go with 'piste audio' for 'select track' which would mean just 'audio track' and obviously you select it by pushing some button. Game Over might be good enough in French also. I think it's pretty universal.

Also, 'sélectionner' is 'to select' or 'to choose' in a more general way, where 'sélectionnez' would be more like 'select' or 'choose' as in a request for the player.

French is not my mothertongue though. So if the native French speakers don't agree, feel free to put me in my place... lol
Last edited by krssn on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SiZiOUS
Developer

Post#26 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:05 pm

krssn wrote:I would take chanson over piste. I think it sounds better, and it avoids using piste twice once for track and once for song.

I was hesitating for the same reason, so I agree :mrgreen:

krssn wrote:Game Over might be good enough in French also. I think it's pretty universal.

You're right. I was thinking the same thing too, but I was unsure. So maybe we should keep Game Over in 'english-dans-le-texte' :mrgreen:

Roel
Developer

Post#27 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:42 am

dreamcast-news wrote:News R4 version with online multiplayers ? :D

Heh heh... I wish. ;)

Jako wrote:VGA [...] missing part of the screen.

This is a known issue. I've changed the VGA signal settings to match those of other indie Dreamcast releases. I expect that will solve the problem.

It's strange, though. That problem never occured with any of the monitors I used to test the VGA mode with.

Thanks again to SiZiOUS and krssn! I'll copy all the texts to the game today.

SiZiOUS
Developer

Post#28 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:22 am

Roel, if you want, feel free to contact me for doing some tests on VGA screens, I own 3 VGA screens (17", 19" and 24") and 2 TV (40" and 32"), plus I own a native VGA cable (not "VGA box").

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#29 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:50 am

Roel wrote:

Heh heh... I wish. ;)

Really ?! Excellent, R4 is made for multiplayers online.
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Roel
Developer

Post#30 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:41 am

dreamcast-news wrote:
Roel wrote:

Heh heh... I wish. ;)

Really ?! Excellent, R4 is made for multiplayers online.

Um... are we having a bit of a miscommunication here?

Yes, really I wish, but no, it's not featured in this new release. It's not feasible to retro-actively add online multiplayer to this game.

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”