Need help with translations

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

streeker
fragger

Re: Need help with translations

Post#11 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:02 am

mstar wrote:Well, that's my translation for German - maybe someone has a few better ideas here or there, but stuff like "controller" isn't usually translated....

The input devices were sold as "Controller" and "Arcade Stick" in Germany - so I'd say, these terms are alright.

For "PAL50/60 menu on startup" I would suggest: "PAL50/60-Auswahl beim Einschalten". That's a bit more specific, I guess.

SiZiOUS
Developer

Post#12 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:03 am

I'm answering to that post upon PC request.
French translation below.
If you want to have shorter translated strings, just tell me.

- Select PAL video mode: Configurer le mode vidéo PAL (it can be also Configurez le mode vidéo PAL, depending of the other strings translation style. Maybe just post another already translated screenshot and I'll adapt the translation if needed).
- PAL video mode: Mode vidéo PAL
- PAL50/60 menu on startup: Afficher le menu PAL50/60 au démarrage (Yes: Oui, No: Non). But what's the purpose here? When starting the game, the PAL50/60 menu selection is shown, OR, display that screen, i.e. the PAL50/60 menu, in PAL50/60, at startup? Because it can be also: Afficher le menu au démarrage en PAL50/60. Or maybe, you just want to mean, show this current PAL selection screen when launching a game?
- Start: Démarrer

- Control pad: Manette
- Arcade stick: Stick Arcade
- Rumble: Vibration (Off: Désactivé or Non, On: Activé or Oui)
- Steering in reverse gear: Inverser la direction
- Back: Retour

- Score Code: Code Score
- Enter this code on http://score.senileteam.com to participate in world-wide highscores: Entrez le code ci-dessus sur http://... pour participer au classement mondial.

For all these strings, it misses the context so maybe there is some translation issues, better to post screenshots like the other just in order to be sure. My first 'raw' translation would be:
- Sound test: Test de son or Test sonore
- (stop): (arrêter) (could be better? depends on context!)
- (stopped): (arrêté) (could be better? depends on context!)
- Select track: Sélectionner une piste (could be better? what kind of track: race track or sound track?)
- Clarity: Clarté (what's the purpose of that?)
- Song: Morceau (or Chanson, depends on context!)
- Artist: Artiste
- Position: Position
- Theme: Thème (depends on context!)
- Menu: Menu
- Desert: Désert
- Circuit: Circuit
- City: Ville (depends on context, because can be also Cité! Hm... it's a track name right?)
- Desert (night): Désert (nuit)
- Circuit (night): Circuit (nuit)
- City (night): Ville (or Cité) (nuit)
- Final: Final (depends on context! can be also Finale or Dernier or whatever... It's a track name?)
- Space: Espace
- Game over: Partie terminée
- Bonus track: Piste (or Circuit? depends on other translations!) bonus

- Intro video [on/off]: Vidéo d'introduction (on: activé, off: désactivé, but if you want, you can translate on by Oui and off by Non which is also correct in this case.

Roel
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:02 am

Thanks everyone! You're all fantastic!

SiZiOUS wrote:For all these strings, it misses the context so maybe there is some translation issues, better to post screenshots like the other just in order to be sure. My first 'raw' translation would be:
- (stop): (arrêter) (could be better? depends on context!)
- (stopped): (arrêté) (could be better? depends on context!)
- Select track: Sélectionner une piste (could be better? what kind of track: race track or sound track?)
- Clarity: Clarté (what's the purpose of that?)
- Song: Morceau (or Chanson, depends on context!)
- Theme: Thème (depends on context!)
- City: Ville (depends on context, because can be also Cité! Hm... it's a track name right?)
- City (night): Ville (or Cité) (nuit)
- Final: Final (depends on context! can be also Finale or Dernier or whatever... It's a track name?)

To provide some context:
- (stop): Option to stop the music that is currently playing.
- (stopped): Displayed when no music is playing, as opposed to the number of minutes and seconds. But maybe I'll just put 0:00 instead.
- Select track: This is about audio tracks, although most audio tracks are specific for race tracks. So it's mostly the same thing, but there are some audio tracks which are not race tracks. But I'm not sure why there's a text for track and another for song (I copied the texts from a spreadsheet which I don't have at hand right now). Might be an error.
- Clarity: The music is muffled when driving through tunnels. This effect can also be tested in the sound test menu.
- Theme: The Rush Rush Rally Racing theme music.
- City: Refers to the music played in any level with a city setting.
- Final: Audio track for the final level.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#14 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:18 am

A pleasure!!! But hold on!!! I see now that the stop and other lines talks about music and not racing or a car. Let me recheck the spanish translate, only 2 words i see. Hehhehe. 30 minutes and will be done.

***Edited, the words that have been posted are now OK. :-) Sorry about the correction, track have double sense in spanish too XD.
Track = Circuito/Pista
Track = Pista de un Audio CD

¡¡¡Regards!!!
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#15 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:45 am

This such great news, RRRR is definitively worthy of an re-release! Does this also mean we'll get an 16:9 mode? Instant re-buy :)

Roel
Developer

Post#16 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:49 am

A 16:9 mode is unfortunately not feasible for this game. The Dreamcast lacks a native 16:9 resolution, so the only options would be letterboxing or stretching.

Letterboxing is a perfectly fine solution for a game that's designed with this in mind (Sturmwind is a good example), but in this case it would crop the screen to the point that the game is hardly playable any more.

Stretching is perfect for 3D games, because for those it can be done without requiring any (significant) additional processing power. But the Dreamcast is not powerful enough to stretch this game to 16:9 and make it look good. You'd either end up with a low frame rate or awful scaling artifacts. And you don't want, that, trust me - I've tried. ;)

I promise to make 16:9 support a priority for our next game, though! :)

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#17 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:58 am

Fantastic project.

Thanks to the translators. the french translation of sizious is very good.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#18 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:47 am

That's unfortunate to hear, since the first time I played this game I have been dreaming of 16:9 support on Dreamcast for this one. But I understand that this dream won't become reality, however the prospect of of the possibility of Senile Teams future game supporting it definitively makes up for it :)

krssn
Metallic

Post#19 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Roel wrote:
krssn wrote:Do the extra features also include car engine sound?...

As a matter of fact, they do!

Noice !!!

mstar
Doom

Post#20 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:14 am

Oh and let us know when / where we can buy the game, i'm still missing that one in my collection :)

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”