[Game Boy] I can't find the plain files for GnuBoy/DC, can anyone help?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Beefalo
lithium

[Game Boy] I can't find the plain files for GnuBoy/DC, can anyone help?

Post by Beefalo »

The download links on the GnuBoy/DC page of dcemulation are broken. I've searched around elsewhere but am having no luck.

Also, a question: in this post from Ian Michael from a few months back, he says:
What files did you use there is rom limit on this it make it freeze if you put to many games on the iso

You cant put all the roms on the cdi there is a file limit as you have scene much better to just put what you really play
What are the limits? If there's a file limit per folder, can I just split them into separate directories and be ok? Or is there a maximum total files that can be on the disc?

Thanks!

Beefalo
lithium

Re: [Game Boy] I can't find the plain files for GnuBoy/DC, can anyone help?

Post by Beefalo »

Ian Micheal wrote:Just mount the cdi i provided https://mega.nz/file/zuRTRAhL#HfV8pc4s4 ... YQ7C4k7TbM take the plain files from it it's upto data past what was around..
Duh, of course. That's what I've done before to pull out plain files, but it's been a while :D thanks.

Any clue about the aforementioned limits?

Back in the day I had a disc with a significant amount of the GBx library, another with the full GBC library. Cant' recall if it was GnuBoy or BoobBoy. I recall using both, but Boob looks ancient.

I assume I got those from The ISO Zone which was a great source for DC until whatever dumb shit happened behind the scenes. Seems certain files and setups simply disappeared with the site... but luckily, I've got a huge bag of all the CD-Rs I ever burned for Dreamcast somewhere. I knew it'd come in handy eventually!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: [Game Boy] I can't find the plain files for GnuBoy/DC, can anyone help?

Post by Ian Micheal »

Kos file limit is a total of 1024 on this the whole disk but also limited per directory I made changes to the above build it's faster then any other switched the focus to auto port for gb studio.. Gb studio games will have adx or cdda sound tracks