WW2 FPS using HL engine on Dreamcast!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

WW2 FPS using HL engine on Dreamcast!

Post#1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Ok, I don't know if some of you remember or not, but I had Dreammatrix look at a WW2 HL mod for me, and he has some problems getting the maps to work, but today he just released a cdi image with all other assets ported to DC and working on some test levels. I believe this mod uses all the nice looking Day of Defeat models and weapons.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJRI5CWZ8j8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXWGXwH3tpI[/youtube]

Only thing this mod needs are some great custom maps, and perhaps a story of sorts. It would be ideal for making a SP botfest map similar to MP death matching like what Counter-Strike on DC has.

I believe he said he would need the source of the maps that the devs did for the original mod "Operations 1942" to get the full mod to work story and all.

Anyway, if some of you guys would like to make some good maps for it, be my guest. I was thinking we could have a MOH or COD clone on Dreamcast. 8-)

Here is what Dreammatrix had to say.

This mod is realy good it has nice textures and models but ins´t working on DC
Unfortunately the map compiler that they used is not compatible with HLDC
The only way to port this mod is getting the .maps source
I descompiled some maps and compiled with another compiler only for see how it work on DC
And uploaded the files as a selfboot cdi image!
So, if someone wants start you own II Word-War mod
The only thing that you need do is mapping; and put your new maps on map folder.
Textures,models,sprites are inside and ready!
Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AY0A4LR5

Here is the Moddb page of the mod.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/operations-1942

If you need help making maps for HL, check this thread, divagamte made some excelent tutorials.

http://www.dcfan.net.ru/forum/f83/half- ... read-3501/

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: WW2 FPS using HL engine on Dreamcast!

Post#2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:40 am

I tested this, and the weapons are so good! Only problem is I have not been able to make anything work but the tutorial map. Has anybody else played this yet? It looks very good from what I have played though. :D

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post#3 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:33 am

Anthony817 wrote:I tested this, and the weapons are so good! Only problem is I have not been able to make anything work but the tutorial map. Has anybody else played this yet? It looks very good from what I have played though. :D

Anthony817, mapping for Half-Life/Quake is very easy. Just download Hammer and get some wad files. You'll learn very quickly what the program does, its very easy.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Anthony817, mapping for Half-Life/Quake is very easy. Just download Hammer and get some wad files. You'll learn very quickly what the program does, its very easy.

Any good tutorial you know ?

Unfortunately the map compiler that they used is not compatible with HLDC
The only way to port this mod is getting the .maps source

it seems devs website is down so it would be a problem to get the sources ...

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:06 pm

I think our only option at this point would be to create new maps, and a new story. I think it could be as simple as a run and gun game, with a bunch of bots like doom or something.

You can find some tutorials here Vasiliy.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2387

Dihnekis
Quad Damage

Post#6 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:20 pm

I really wish someone was able to port HL multiplayer code over to the DC. I would play all the time.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:32 pm

You and I both!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey folks, can I have help where to learn Half-Life map making? I want to try and find some maps that would work with this, and need to know how to compile an image to make a selfbooting CDI please.

If anybody knows how to help me get some maps for this, just to be able to use the new weapons and assets from Day of Defeat on Dreamcast, please let me know how I can do this.

Thanks all.

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post#9 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Hey folks, can I have help where to learn Half-Life map making? I want to try and find some maps that would work with this, and need to know how to compile an image to make a selfbooting CDI please.

If anybody knows how to help me get some maps for this, just to be able to use the new weapons and assets from Day of Defeat on Dreamcast, please let me know how I can do this.

Thanks all.

Download Hammer for the map editor.

Download Zoners latest compile tools.

Download Nems Batch Compiler.

If you need help setting it up let me know.