What's Shenmue translation RELEASED

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

IlDucci
shadow

What's Shenmue translation RELEASED

Post#1 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi there, newbie on the forums here.

My name's IlDucci and I'm currently preparing a What's Shenmue English translation. The original post was in Shenmue Dojo, which you can find here.

Right now the translation process is pretty advanced (Can't say exact details for now), but I've encountered a couple of problems in the meantime.

The first one is, I pretend to release this project via PacoChan's Patcher (The same one I've used for my Shenmue I and Resident Evil 2 Spanish translations), but first I have to set the CDDAs properly. I'm a total noob when it comes to doing releases, and it seems the only one who has achieved this is HyKan. I haven't been able to make the CDDAs sound right, the farthest point I could go is getting the first track on the Press Start Button menu... But only the last half can be heard.

The other thing is... it seems the GDi I ripped from my own disk seems to differ from what's on TOSEC. My disc code is <610-7179-0133A>H1723E. The fourth value is different from what's there. Is this normal or are we looking at two versions of the same demo?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT 01/09/2014: After almost half a year, we've succeeded into releasing the What's Shenmue translation patch. The delivery format is an small patcher that will read an original GDI backup and turn it into a full MDS image. Also, the translation is available in three languages: English, Spanish & German, with some extras as well.

You can see the full details of the patch here: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 37&t=46933
Last edited by IlDucci on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nobody knows what's gonna happen at the end of the line, so you might as well enjoy the trip."
- Manuel Calavera, Grim Fandango

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: What's Shenmue English translation

Post#2 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:13 am

First off, great job to all involved! Looking forward to finally understand the whole demo instead of just browsing around in it.

There are two versions (or at least cover variations) of "Whats Shenmue" out there, the normal one (blu-ish cover) and the Famitsu edition (red-ish cover). Maybe thats where the difference between your and the TOSEC rip come's from?

IlDucci
shadow

Post#3 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:37 am

Mine's the blue cover. Maybe it's that, but I don't know what version is TOSEC's.
"Nobody knows what's gonna happen at the end of the line, so you might as well enjoy the trip."

IlDucci
shadow

Post#4 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:00 am

Thanks to FamilyGuy and HyKan's helps, I solved this. Turns out I had to cut a big chunk of each track (Not even the GDi's would fit just like that) in order to match Hykan's LBA table. Now the CDDA works with MDS4DC.

Xanxi
lithium

Post#5 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:08 am

Great effort. Kudos to you!

Mine is blue too. Are there several versions? How were these CD distributed by the way?

IlDucci
shadow

Post#6 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:19 am

So far a friend of mines' got the blue disc with the same ring code as myself. Can you check your ring code? It's on the inner part of the disc.

Xanxi
lithium

Post#7 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:06 pm

I have 610-7179-0133A 11MB2 C 97.
Blue disc, blue cover.

IlDucci
shadow

Post#8 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Surprise: It's not either my disc nor the one on TOSEC. Do you have access to a SD Card Adaptor, or a BBA?

Xanxi
lithium

Post#9 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Yeah i have both but don't know how to make an iso out of a GD. What is the easier and faster method?

IlDucci
shadow

Post#10 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:30 pm

For me, the SD Card Adaptor and jj1odm's ripper.

Link

If you can, please get your image and post here the track information (With a copy to the Dumpcast guys). I'd need to know what's the size and md5 of your CDDA tracks.