Elysian Shadows

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Re: Elysian Shadows

Post#211 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Nico0020 wrote:Is this game shooting for a 2016 release or are we in a "when its done" timeline now?

This better not become another Duke Nukem Forever.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Falco Girgis
Developer

Post#212 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:22 pm

VasiliyRS wrote:
I remember when I first started posting about those guys so many years ago. nobody took em seriously & everybody just laughed em away

Honestly i was one of unbelievers. When Falco posted for a first time about ES at http://dcnews.co.uk/ in 2008 or so, i was very skeptical about the project since there were and there are a lot of Dreamcast game that never came out or evem made it to something... real. Yes i was wrong and i started to show my support within last several years and of course made a good pledge at kickstarter.
Thanks man, it means a lot. Honestly, looking back at some of our first screenshots, I can't say that I blame anyone for not taking us seriously initially. We were a bunch of kids with a dream who were still finding our way and learning the art of our trades. We had yet to earn your support.

Nico0020 wrote:Is this game shooting for a 2016 release or are we in a "when its done" timeline now? I have full faith in this project but i know the team hit quite a few unexpectes problems so far.
The best I can give right now is a "when it's done," because I'm currently under an NDA, and I don't want to say anything that could get me in trouble. There have been some huge developments underway that will change quite a bit in the very near future, and I can hopefully give you a better timeline when that happens. I'll let you know as soon as I get the green light to fill everyone in.

scaryred24 wrote:This better not become another Duke Nukem Forever.

edit: Also for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I recently added support for Bloom Lighting to our engine.
There have been lots of questions regarding whether or not this will work on the Dreamcast. Here's what I said on Facebook:
me wrote:The effect is probably theoretically possible, but the chances of it being able to do it ontop of everything else going on in Elysian Shadows are pretty slim, because of the limited VRAM and fixed function pipeline (meaning the convolution would be done on the CPU). The DC will still do dynamic lighting, and most likely these kinds of effects will be "prebaked" as light textures with our Toolkit.

The effect works well with muuuuch smaller textures, which maybe the DC could do, but the only problem with that is that tiny areas of blur that are only a few pixels wide might flicker a bit when you walk due to a loss of precision for the glow buffer.... Hrmm... It'll be trial by tech-demo, just like bumpmapping.

ConnorORT
shadow

Post#213 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi all, I have a message to all who backed Elysian Shadows on Kickstarter. Please read, thanks!

Dear Elysian Shadows Kickstarter backers.

My name is Connor Linning and back in 2014 I was contributing soundtrack work to the kickstarted game Elysian Shadows. While this should have been a happy time, the unfortunate reality is that the situation had soured to the point where I (and the majority of other people who worked on the project) felt the only option moving forward was to leave the project.

I am posting this open letter to you because I would like to try and make up for that disappointment. After leaving Elysian Shadows I developed three small free games and a couple of soundtracks for other games. For the last two years I’ve been working on my 2D RPG Towards The Pantheon which releases on May 16th. Former Elysian Shadows pixel artist Leandro Tokarveski created all of the pixel art for Towards The Pantheon and other former Elysian Shadows members such as Daniel Tindall also contributed to the game.

I am offering a free Steam key and free Bandcamp soundtrack key to all backers of Elysian Shadows. This offer is for all backers regardless of the amount of money pledged to the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter campaign. The game is roughly 10 hours long and the soundtrack consists of over 2.5 hours of music. It is important to me that anyone who has supported me knows that I work hard to deliver the best results I can for them. While obviously this is neither the game nor soundtrack you pledged for, I am offering this in gratitude of your support of my work and to show that I never took your support for granted.

To receive your free keys after the launch of the game on May 16th, send an e-mail to [email protected] using the same e-mail address associated with your Kickstarter account and include in the body the name associated with the Kickstarter account. You must include your name and use the same e-mail address so that I can verify you as a backer using the public community page on the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter page. After May 16th I will reply with your keys as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I cannot offer this to those who preordered copies of the game while I was on the team as that data belongs to the Elysian Shadows team.

Please note that I never accepted any funds from the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter and that Towards The Pantheon was completely self-funded. Towards The Pantheon is in no way associated with Elysian Shadows. I do not intend to speak on behalf of, or represent, the Elysian Shadows company, team, or project in any way with this open letter. Pursuing other projects did not factor into my leaving the Elysian Shadows team. None of us left Elysian Shadows project with the intention of creating something new together - there was a span of over a year and a half between my leaving of Elysian Shadows and the beginning of Towards The Pantheon’s development. Since we have remained friends, it made sense to later work together again. I hope that I am clear in stating that there are no malicious intentions associated with this open letter and have no desire to rehash any past concerns with the current Elysian Shadows team. That would take away time and attention that is better focused on game development - which at the end of the day is what should really matter. I will be posting this open letter and contacting a few game journalists so that my offer can reach as many backers as possible as I do not access to the list of backer e-mail addresses.

I agree with businessman Gary Vaynerchuk that there are two ways to try and succeed; through hard work and positivity, or by tearing everyone else down and winning by default. I am in music and game development for the long haul and only want to succeed if it’s through hard work and positivity. We have limited time in life and I don’t want to spend any of it on pointless drama and negativity. This is why I have not publicly taken part in any drama regarding Elysian Shadows. I hope that the remaining Elysian Shadows members work hard and make a great game that ultimately delivers the vision promised to you, the backer. I still thank the team for the opportunity I had to work with them and wish them the best.

Thanks again to all Elysian Shadows Kickstarter backers for the incredible support you showed back in 2014. - Connor Linning
Connor O.R.T. Linning - Game Developer & Soundtrack Composer
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube, Soundcloud, Twitch, Bandcamp

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#214 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:49 am

This game looks nice. Any thoughts on porting to DC?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#215 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:19 pm

Anonymouse wrote:This game looks nice. Any thoughts on porting to DC?

It is a dc game. It was funded on kickstarter but has yet to be released on dc whilst other platforms have seen release I believe. This thread is from 2012 so im now doubting the light of the world shall ever shine upon this once fair gamely creation... ahem.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#216 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 am

Khan, he was talking about Connor's game, Towards the Pantheon, not Elysian Shadows.

On topic, nice to see some of you guys did eventually make a game. I'll shoot an email off to get a steam code. It's not the game I paid $60 for, but I truly appreciate you trying to give something back to the people who believed/backed you and the original team.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#217 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:38 pm

There are probably some good reasons why the Elysian Shadows dev hasn't posted a Kickstarter update in 1.25 years. I don't know what those reasons are, but I have my guesses.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#218 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 pm

surfs up in hawaii ?

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#219 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:58 am

More or less. LOL

I was thinking more along the lines of alcohol, tobacco, and partying too much all while chasing an ever-expanding grand vision that has ballooned far past their ability to fulfill. In other words, the main dev (Falco Girgis) just being himself if his videos and posts in the past are any indication.

Elysian Shadows had already been in some state of planning / development for about nine years before the Kickstarter was launched, so it is no surprise that another six years later there is still no delivered final game.

I mean, just look at the comments posted by backers on Kickstarter in the last few months alone. That should tell anyone what he needs to know.

Vill22
core

Post#220 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:05 am

It's been so long, I completely forgot that I'd even backed this on KickStarter all those years ago.

Return to “New Games”