Elysian Shadows

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Falco Girgis
Developer

Re: Elysian Shadows

Post#151 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:05 pm

We got really, REALLY screwed by GamesCom. We had lots of mainstream press coverage and journalists the last few days who said that they would love to report on us, but they were currently away at the convention.

Gamescom has basically resulted in about 3 days of reduced traffic. Luckily we didn't sit on our asses during these three days, and we have a lot of big things in the works. This next week is going to be pivotal.

Please, please keep spreading the word!

Impulse
Admin

Post#152 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Thank you for the Updates Falco. I'm also very excited for the increased attention Dreamcast is getting from the press. After all Dreamcast is by far the coolest console ever made ;-) and I'm sure everyone will realize that once again.

I hope the mainstream gaming press pulls their laptops out and gets writing for you guys soon! I'm about to upgrade my pledge with an additional game copy.
-Impulse

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#153 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:27 pm

I pledged for my Dreamcast copy today, hopefully this will go ahead please let us know how it goes!
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#154 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:38 pm

I pledged a couple days ago too; "The Limited Edition" with AiGD DVDs. Less than $50,000 needed yet!

Impulse
Admin

Post#155 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:43 am

ESTk devkit Announcment!

-Impulse

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#156 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:33 am

It would be amazing if this got funded and engine released. I have been waiting years for a user friendly engine to be made available for Dremacast. I used to be a computer games artist and would love to make something for DC.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

68k-dude
dark night

Post#157 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:10 pm

The Elysian Shadows Kickstarter just hit the $150000 pledge goal. Happy happy days.

I'm also considering a Linux copy. Hmmmmm . There are still some signed copies left.
PSO Character:

Kasworon - lvl 142 HUmar - GC# 13874

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#158 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:05 pm

wonder at how much it's gonna end
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Falco Girgis
Developer

Post#159 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:57 pm

WE DID IT, BOYS!!!!!

We're the highest funded game to be on OUYA's "Free the Games Fund" and now we're the highest funded Kickstarter in the state of Alabama. LOL!

Also, we seriously made it ONTO THE NEWS with a Dreamcast game. Insane!
http://whnt.com/2014/08/20/two-madison-county-engineers-leave-jobs-to-make-video-game-close-to-funding-their-dream/

We honestly hope that all of this big press coverage we're getting for Elysian Shadows and releasing ESTk will encourage lots of developers to start supporting the Dreamcast. Between our successful funding and Pier Solar's launch right around the corner, this is a HUGE time for the DC scene!

I just want to personally thank all of you. It's still all so surreal for our team. We've spent years on this game, and we literally risked everything for this Kickstarter... In 2014 we raised over $150k with the vast majority of the purchases being for the Sega Dreamcast... unreal.

Please keep spreading the word, because we still have a whole week to make it onto large gaming sites and to reach stretch goals!

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#160 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:28 am

don't forget the girls! lol

CONGRATS!!! I am beyond excited for this...and sad that no one has responded to this yet! Wish I could have donated more still, but you guys exceeded your goals and had all your hard work pay off! All that matters! You guys really deserve it. Best of luck!

DC FOREVER<3

EDIT:

Impulse wrote:ESTk devkit Announcment!

Also, just now seeing this. This is fantastic and much appreciated, as well as very generous! Thank you again & congrats on all your hard work!
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Return to “New Games”