New FPS: Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness Trailer

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Corbyn
Developer

Re: New FPS: Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness Trailer

Post#41 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:08 pm

New teaser is up!

Also, can we get this thread moved to where the other games are? It's a little weird that it's sitting Lounge when it should be with the others. ;-)
Last edited by Corbyn on Mon May 25, 2015 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#42 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:59 pm

There, I put it in new games, as I assume this is going to have a physical release, is it not?
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Corbyn
Developer

Post#43 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:48 am

Yes, this will be a physical release through GSP.

Impulse
Admin

Post#44 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Looking petty cool, I added this to the front page. I love the lighting effects!

Thanks for moving the topic into new games maz. I should have done that long ago, my bad.
-Impulse

flamingflimflam
shadow

Post#45 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:10 pm

So how's the control in the game? How do you make an FPS work with the single stick? Keyboard/Mouse support?
"I usually drop a dollar or two into UFO Catchers if I'm with a girl. Then I blind her with my skills, and she's like "oh damn, this is a stuffed animal" and the panties drop." -Captain Snarky, 2012

krssn
Metallic

Post#46 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:25 pm

flamingflimflam wrote:So how's the control in the game? How do you make an FPS work with the single stick? Keyboard/Mouse support?

You should try Soldier of Fortune or Outtrigger... ;)

Those use the ABXY buttons as a second stick...

No idea if this game will have the same kind of controls though...

flamingflimflam
shadow

Post#47 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:01 pm

krssn wrote:
flamingflimflam wrote:So how's the control in the game? How do you make an FPS work with the single stick? Keyboard/Mouse support?

You should try Soldier of Fortune or Outtrigger... ;)

Those use the ABXY buttons as a second stick...

No idea if this game will have the same kind of controls though...

Oh really? That sounds awesome. I'll have to pick up Outrigger. Reviews are looking promising. :)
"I usually drop a dollar or two into UFO Catchers if I'm with a girl. Then I blind her with my skills, and she's like "oh damn, this is a stuffed animal" and the panties drop." -Captain Snarky, 2012

Corbyn
Developer

Post#48 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:02 pm

The controls are completely changeable. Though, the default control scheme will be like Half-Life's than SOF. A mouse and keyboard is recommended, though, simply for the FPS experience.

Impulse wrote:Looking petty cool, I added this to the front page. I love the lighting effects!

Thanks for moving the topic into new games maz. I should have done that long ago, my bad.

Don't worry about it! Glad you like the lighting effects...we are capable of much, much more but for that preview I wanted to show off the weather system with rain (and how it puts out fire).

That's the benefits of having a full 3D engine, we can really do what we want wherever we want. Not many people would guess that the little shack in the trailer is 3D because the ceiling is polygonal and NOT generated by the BLOCKMAP, and neither is any of the lighting effects (they are all dynamic).

Glad you guys are enjoying it =) Comments like these are nice and appreciated, and as always, I'll answer questions as they arise, so don't be afraid to ask!

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#49 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Wow, horror games aren't really my type, but this is really impressive and creative the way you guys have done it w/ the seeming mental hallucinations. It should definitely stand out from the other indie dreamcast games.

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#50 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:52 am

Corbyn wrote:New teaser is up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-jupea51uY

Also, can we get this thread moved to where the other games are? It's a little weird that it's sitting Lounge when it should be with the others. ;-)

Great teaser 8-) , newsed for french lovers : http://dreamcast-news.blogspot.com/2014 ... easer.html
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -