SLaVE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

krssn
Metallic

Re: SLaVE

Post#131 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:41 am

mazonemayu wrote:topaz 3D reminds a lot of Kula World, though more basic

Yes ! First thing that sprang to mind when I saw it too !

Also, that's Roll Away for those in the US... ;)

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#132 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:02 am

Still one of my fav psx games
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#133 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:54 am

New update emails are out. Not really any new information though. Im no worried about my money or anything and wish thy luck on the project. Maybe we can get some new screenshots or videos?

Hey Dreamcast fans!

Jay Townsend's SLaVE is still moving!  The team has been hard at work eliminating bugs that have been found in the program and tweaking the code to get the best performance.  The additional time for testing has also allowed the team to add some things to the code, such as rumble support to make the game even more polished.

At this point we still do not have a final date for distribution of the game as we don't yet know when we will be comfortable that the bug test is done, however we intend to start putting final components of the game into production - such as the LLE coin - in the upcoming month!

Thanks for hanging with us and being a supporter of independent game development!

--
Dan Loosen
GOAT Store Publishing

Sent from my SCL21 using Tapatalk

Impulse
Admin

Post#134 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:51 am

Nice to see an update regardless. I wish them luck and am anxiously awaiting my pre-order :)
-Impulse

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#135 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:44 pm

what's LLE coin ?

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#136 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:11 pm

androiddreamcast wrote:what's LLE coin ?

If you preordered the limited edition you get a collectible coin.
Hey Dreamcast fans!

Jay Townsend's SLaVE is still moving! The team has been hard at work eliminating bugs that have been found in the program and tweaking the code to get the best performance. The additional time for testing has also allowed the team to add some things to the code, such as rumble support to make the game even more polished.

At this point we still do not have a final date for distribution of the game as we don't yet know when we will be comfortable that the bug test is done, however we intend to start putting final components of the game into production - such as the LLE coin - in the upcoming month!

Thanks for hanging with us and being a supporter of independent game development!

--
Dan Loosen
GOAT Store Publishing

I have been getting really annoyed with them not communicating with their fans as much as they can, but really this is an announcement. I swear that the Email we all received was going to be any good, but this is the only announcement. If it was going to be formal please put it up on social media so they don't waste anyone's data space in their inbox for this crap. It's just a waste of time to send that out to anyone else. If you have an announcement big enough like a new game mode or even insight on when it is going to be release then I'm fine with that. Other than that the coin was supposed to be pressed like around late March and just informing us that it is still in active development just isn't good enough. Give us something worthwhile or I'll just end up withdrawing my order because this is leading me to the point of tearing the hairs out of my scalp.

End of rant.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#137 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:12 am

scaryred24 wrote:I have been getting really annoyed with them not communicating with their fans as much as they can, but really this is an announcement. I swear that the Email we all received was going to be any good, but this is the only announcement. If it was going to be formal please put it up on social media so they don't waste anyone's data space in their inbox for this crap. It's just a waste of time to send that out to anyone else. If you have an announcement big enough like a new game mode or even insight on when it is going to be release then I'm fine with that. Other than that the coin was supposed to be pressed like around late March and just informing us that it is still in active development just isn't good enough. Give us something worthwhile or I'll just end up withdrawing my order because this is leading me to the point of tearing the hairs out of my scalp.

End of rant.

I have to agree and disagree with you. I agree with you in the sense that the amount and length of the delays justify getting agitated. But at least there is an effort being made at keeping everyone informed

The delays are a good thing because the developer and publisher is concerned with shipping a quality game. If you and others start withdrawing orders, it may force the devs/publisher to ship something 'half-assed'. That would probably spark more agitation than more delays, because after all the delays they shipped something buggy anyway

If you allow the developers to take their time, you will get a higher quality product in the end. Making both the development/publishing end as happy as the end consumer

This is my opinion though, you can feel how you want to feel about this. You're not wrong at all, but have patience

-----

Since Dan from GOAT and perhaps the developers probably do read this thread;

Maybe toss the idea around of after this version of SLaVE is released, to consider making a multiplayer expansion of the game. (I think this is going to be on other platforms) Multiplatform multiplayer. I would pay $60 for a brand new, 3D, multiplatform multiplayer shooter on Dreamcast

IMO that's a developmental 'no-brainer'. I wouldn't look at it as buying the same thing twice, I'd look at it as owning two brand new Dreamcast games instead of one. CO-OP, Versus, Leardboards, the whole nine yards, perhaps even intergration with the new open source DreamArena re-implementation

Who's with me on that hypothetical idea?
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Goatdan
shadow

Post#138 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Hey, it's Dan from GOAT Store Publishing here...

It's one of those damned if we do and damned if we don't things...

Due to the nature of what is going on with the game, the development hasn't been the "shiny show off" stuff that we can easily show people. As was fully explained, we rewrote the engine from scratch due to issue with it that were not found until after we had announced the game. The game's code itself has been ready, but to do this engine right and not have random crashes has taken longer than we wanted. We're not going to release a game that isn't right.

If we don't send out updates, we have people write us and complain that there aren't enough updates.

If we do send out updates, we have people complain that the updates aren't good enough.

Ultimately, as I've said before, we are going to take the time to get it done right. It will pay off down the line, I promise. If people don't want to wait, I also totally get that and we're happy to refund money. If everyone asks for their money back tomorrow, we're still going to make the game - it's what we do.

I will also just note that we only are currently sending out updates to the people who have pre-ordered. Some people want us to post things on Facebook or whatever, but for us it simply comes down to the fact that we want to share the information with those who have invested in the game first. It seems only fair.

For those of you sticking with us, thanks for the patience. For those of you that aren't, I don't blame you at all, and I thank you for attempting to give us a try. We're hoping to have a product in the future that we can all be proud of. :)

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#139 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 am

Goatdan wrote:It will pay off down the line, I promise. If people don't want to wait, I also totally get that and we're happy to refund money.

:shock: :shock: When I see that, I think this :

:lol:

What? Like you, it's a joke.
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#140 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:54 am

dreamcast-news wrote:
Goatdan wrote:It will pay off down the line, I promise. If people don't want to wait, I also totally get that and we're happy to refund money.

:shock: :shock: When I see that, I think this :

:lol:

What? Like you, it's a joke.

This might just be me, but I think that was a totally unnecessary insult.

Return to “New Games”