4 possible New Games on Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Orion_
Developer

4 possible New Games on Dreamcast

Post#1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello,

I'm Orion_ and I'm a game programmer and fan of retro gaming.
I develop on a lot of retro console, and I made some games for Atari Jaguar, Falcon, Playstation 1, and also on Android and PC.

I recently started to develop for the Dreamcast, and I want to know if people would be interested by some of my games that I could port on the Dreamcast.

I currently have 4 games I could port:

Image Image

"Elansar" and its sequel "Philia", These are two adventure games, based on 3D rendering computer graphics like "Myst" and gameplay based on "Point & Click" style.
The principle of the game is to explore the island and solve puzzles.
The games are available in English and French as well as German and Spanish for Elansar.

See the project page here: http://onorisoft.free.fr/elansar/elansar.htm
Video of Elansar: https://vimeo.com/69876283
Video of Philia the sequel to Elansar: https://vimeo.com/81008620

-

"Alice's Mom's Rescue," This is a platform game inspired by the world of Alice in Wonderland,
The giant raven has captured Alice's mother. Help Alice to save her mother through the three worlds and 25 levels!
Change Alice's height using the magic mushrooms to get through the tiny spaces.
Beware of the evil cats, birds, bats and spikes!
There are also small puzzles, and the difficulty is relatively high in the last levels.
This game is already almost running on my Dreamcast :)

Video Alice's Mom's Rescue: https://vimeo.com/110898720

-

"Yopaz IceStar" This is a puzzle game featuring 40 levels in 3 worlds.
You play as a little character named Yopaz and you must collect all the stars in the universe, but the vacuum of space forces you to slide indefinitely when you run in one direction.
Only an ice wall will stop you in your tracks! With this unusual constraint, you will need to collect all stars on each level.
The world "Advanced" provides additional features for seasoned players.
You will be able to change your color and collect stars of the corresponding color! Your color will also allow you to go through teleporters, direction changers, or even protect you from enemies!
A level editor is also available with endless creative possibilities!

Video of Yopaz IceStar: https://vimeo.com/73975208

-

As I have no clear idea of the number of people potentially interested in my creations on Dreamcast, I post in the different Dreamcast forums to announce my games.
If you are interested, please email me at: [email protected]
Tell me the games that you are interested in, so I could get an idea of the most anticipated games, and I will send you an email when they will be available for sale.
This will be in form of a pressed CD with jacket and small manual.
The price should be between 20~25€ depending on the demand.

Thank you for reading :)
Retro Game Programming -> http://onorisoft.free.fr/ <-
Dreamcast, PS1, PCe, MD, Atari, Jaguar, GP32, GBA, ...

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: 4 possible New Games on Dreamcast

Post#2 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Each of the games could be neat and quite interesting to see on the dreamcast! Elansar and Philia would be most interesting to me since it would be a new type of dc homebrew and would show some cool graphical scenes.

krssn
Metallic

Post#3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:50 pm

And I like Alice's Mom's Rescue. Dreamcast can use a few more 2D platform games like that... ^^

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:30 am

Alice is the winner for me. That pixel-art looks lovely :)

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#5 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:46 am

Great stuff! You might bundle Philia and Elansar into one disc and make it a commercial product.

Alice's Mom's Rescue is sweet as well!

Keep it up man!

Dreamov
noob

Post#6 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Are you talking about ports for Windows CE? How did you want to port something? Can you told me? Recently I was intersted Dreamcast Dev, but I dont know how to begin.

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#7 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:47 pm

You have my support, onion_! I'm very interested in playing your games on my Dreamcast. Wrap'em in a good looking case and I would even buy it.

I really like the idea of a bundled edition of both point&click games but a small collection all of games would be great.

Orion_
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:12 pm

I think I will put both Elansar and its sequel Philia on the same disc, it would make much sense, since Elansar is a bit short (it was my first game)
Yopaz might include a VMU game, since I made a small black and white Yopaz version for the PocketStation (a VMU like for the Playstation)
I might include with Yopaz another bonus game I made only for Android (it's a small puzzle game called TurtleChomp)
Alice will get a stand alone release, and might be the first one to be released, because it's already working great on my Dreamcast :)

Jenkins > I really don't know If I can get the original dreamcast case, because If I make professionally pressed CD it will come with standard CD case (or super jewel) with manual and CD already plastic wrapped.

Dreamov > I don't use WinCE, I ported my own game library from OpenGL ES to KOS native PowerVR call.
Retro Game Programming -> http://onorisoft.free.fr/ <-
Dreamcast, PS1, PCe, MD, Atari, Jaguar, GP32, GBA, ...

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#9 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:11 am

Orion_ wrote:Jenkins > I really don't know If I can get the original dreamcast case, because If I make professionally pressed CD it will come with standard CD case (or super jewel) with manual and CD already plastic wrapped.

Sorry, I just meant an authentic-looking release like the games from Redspotgames. A design which reminds me of an original DC game. For example Planet Ring - a blue design in a jewel case. The black labeled NTSC-U games are also very nice. I like them.

Grey Fox
lithium

Post#10 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Meant to post a while ago on this thread but couldn't remember my password.

All of these look excellent although I find Alice's Mom Rescue to be particularly appealing.

It also seems you have an excellent grasp of what makes a value for money proposition.

Was it yourself that did the compilation of games for Jaguar CD including a kind of 3d "Shove it/Sokoban/warehouse game" where you have a puzzle and can move to each block and can rotate the camera etc? If so I haven't played it but found a vid on YouTube years ago and was really impressed :)

Anything you can port to Dreamcast will find an audience that will enjoy playing it. Looking forward to it already!