Fruit'Y gets physical release

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#21 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:16 pm

VasiliyRS wrote:So it looks like everyone are satisfied with this release. Can we suggest DragonBox as a publisher for future DC games?

If they're up for it, I'd like to see it happen. (Still waiting on my copy of Fruit'Y. Hopefully today. Damn Columbus!).

bucko
undertow

Post#22 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:19 pm

I got my disk today. Had fun playing it and works well on VGA.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#23 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:04 pm

DCGX wrote:
VasiliyRS wrote:So it looks like everyone are satisfied with this release. Can we suggest DragonBox as a publisher for future DC games?

If they're up for it, I'd like to see it happen. (Still waiting on my copy of Fruit'Y. Hopefully today. Damn Columbus!).

It's not impossible. Evildragon is currently developing the Pyra handheld console/mini computer. It's gonna rock.
Reicast is already set to run on it so dreamcast emulation is happening.

He also took over manufacturing for everdrives, I believe; he may also have released homebrew stuff on cartridges for other systems too. I met him once over a few days and he is a nice and crucially honest chap.

I'd never thought of it but there is an ask evildragon questions section on the openpandora.org site. I'm a member over there for years.

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#24 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:44 am

I contacted DragonBox after I received my copy of Fruit'Y and asked if they would be willing to produce or even publish Völgarr the Viking in case the Crazy Viking Studios agree.
Michael Mrozek answered that they'd love to do it, they are in fact searching for homebrew-devs of DC and MegaDrive/Genesis games because they are eager to support the scene(s) / getting involved as a publisher or, in case the developer wants to stay in charge of everything, just help out with the production.

He also made clear that the quality of the Packaging of Fruit'Y is not the best example for what DragonBox is capable to deliver, because it was/is an intentional low-budget release, which is quite obvious considering the incredible price.
Just because of Fruit'Y, I think DragonBox could really become the Publisher the DC scene desperately needs.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#25 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:42 am

Omnibot2000 wrote:Just because of Fruit'Y, I think DragonBox could really become the Publisher the DC scene desperately needs.

+1

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#26 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Let's hope. Evildragon has his head screwed on straight.

ae.tc
Anarki

Post#27 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Omnibot2000 wrote:I contacted DragonBox after I received my copy of Fruit'Y and asked if they would be willing to produce or even publish Völgarr the Viking ....

-good work!
• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#28 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:33 pm

Looks like they might be re-releasing physical copies of Xump for dreamcast
Me:
"I would also love to be able to buy a physical copy of XUMP for dreamcast! pleeeeease"
Retroguru:
"We dont have copies left atm. Write us an email so we can put you on a waiting list."

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#29 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:36 pm

I would totally buy a physical copy of Volgarr.

I also got my copy of Fruit'Y today. I played the first ten or so levels and am really digging it, especially the music. I didn't really think the packaging was that cheap (a manual is always cool to have though), but it would've been nice if the spine matched other DVD-style Dreamcast games. Even if it's like how NG:Dev Team does.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#30 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:17 am

DCGX wrote:I would totally buy a physical copy of Volgarr.

I think a lot of us actually would, it's a solid game.
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here