Fruit'Y gets physical release

Moderator: VasiliyRS

qupe75
undertow
Posts: 29

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#41 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:42 am

EvilDragon wrote:Sure, that's no problem. It was just a cost issue for Fruit'Y.
Retroguru wants to give their games away for free, so they're handling out free copies of the game on exhibitions and selling it for a small fee via my shop.

So we both don't make any loss :)


Will you release any of their other releases in a boxed format? I don't have a printer, of a decent quality, and the value you offered for this was great. Love to have even just the covers for some of the other stuff. I could source my own cases then :)

User avatar
Wrath of Khan
Outtrigger
Posts: 448

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#42 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:04 pm

My copy is not loading past the logo screen. It loads and then goes to a black screen. However my dreamcast may be falling prey to the hardware reseting problem. If the hardware reseting problem is gradually occurring could this effect the readibility of certain cdr's? Or could it effect other aspects of the dreamcasts hardware. Some cdr's have stopped working for me recently which is why I ask. Two games simply reset on an infinite loop at the sega logo title screen.

Looks like I'm gonna have to take a look at my dc. Anyone got any ideas? ever experienced something like this before? It's kind of odd.

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 297
Contact:

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#43 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Wrath of Khan wrote:My copy is not loading past the logo screen. It loads and then goes to a black screen. However my dreamcast may be falling prey to the hardware reseting problem. If the hardware reseting problem is gradually occurring could this effect the readibility of certain cdr's? Or could it effect other aspects of the dreamcasts hardware. Some cdr's have stopped working for me recently which is why I ask. Two games simply reset on an infinite loop at the sega logo title screen.

Looks like I'm gonna have to take a look at my dc. Anyone got any ideas? ever experienced something like this before? It's kind of odd.


If your DC laser is dying then yes, CDr's as well as factory pressed CD's can be harder to read for the poor baby... :cry:

User avatar
Wrath of Khan
Outtrigger
Posts: 448

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#44 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:56 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:My copy is not loading past the logo screen. It loads and then goes to a black screen. However my dreamcast may be falling prey to the hardware reseting problem. If the hardware reseting problem is gradually occurring could this effect the readibility of certain cdr's? Or could it effect other aspects of the dreamcasts hardware. Some cdr's have stopped working for me recently which is why I ask. Two games simply reset on an infinite loop at the sega logo title screen.

Looks like I'm gonna have to take a look at my dc. Anyone got any ideas? ever experienced something like this before? It's kind of odd.


If your DC laser is dying then yes, CDr's as well as factory pressed CD's can be harder to read for the poor baby... :cry:

I see. Now my dc is resetting with most or all games. I believe it's the hardware resetting problem for sure. I know there is a tutorial on youtube and it's an easy fix.
But I'm thinking my laser could be screwy too. Is there any easy way to clean it without having to buy something to clean it?
I hope its not dying.

User avatar
lastcallgames
Vagabond
Posts: 736

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#45 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:09 pm

I ordered my copy a couple days ago, I guess it'll arrive next week.

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 297
Contact:

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#46 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Wrath of Khan wrote:I see. Now my dc is resetting with most or all games. I believe it's the hardware resetting problem for sure. I know there is a tutorial on youtube and it's an easy fix.
But I'm thinking my laser could be screwy too. Is there any easy way to clean it without having to buy something to clean it?
I hope its not dying.


I really don't know. I'm not exactly a technical expert. But there's lots of tutorials and articles about it so it shouldn't be hard to fix... or to check if you just need a new DC, which fortunately is not an expensive machine.

DreamcastUK
photon blast
Posts: 108
Contact:

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#47 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:52 pm

I was gonna purchase this game but concerns that people are having some technical issues.

As the game is only €3.28 but then it has a €27.70 price tag for postage (to the UK),so may have to give it a miss until there is a promo code that is valid for dragonbox as promo codes don't seem to be active at the moment.

Maybe I'll get to play it one day
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

User avatar
lastcallgames
Vagabond
Posts: 736

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#48 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:18 pm

It says the shipping for signed mail to the UK is 6.50.

Same as to the US actually.

DreamcastUK
photon blast
Posts: 108
Contact:

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#49 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:25 pm

lastcallgames wrote:It says the shipping for signed mail to the UK is 6.50.

Same as to the US actually.


I know I saw that but when you create an account and add your postal address it bumps up the shipping costs big time!
Attachments
image.png
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

User avatar
mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Posts: 3703

Re: Fruit'Y gets physical release

Post#50 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:05 pm

I can only speak for myself, but I've had no problems here, it simply boots
We are SEGA generation.

my collection
vids

PAL/EU complete
NTSC/US complete
310 JAP games to go

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users