Witching Hour

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Witching Hour

Post#31 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:47 pm

Gary_b wrote:I think that is is wroth mentioning that this game does not seem to support the VGA box natively.

It does. I recorded my video of the game in VGA.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#32 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:38 pm

That is odd for some reason it would not load in VGA earlier, but it is working now :shock:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#33 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Gary_b wrote:That is odd for some reason it would not load in VGA earlier, but it is working now :shock:

Spooky. :lol:
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Neoblast
Developer

Post#34 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:29 am

I have a question. What did you use to port it? Open gl? Kos+SDL?

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#35 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Finally played this. What a hard little game! The monster is absolutely ruthless even on easy. I beat it after many, many attempts. 17 deaths on my last run but I managed to escape with one hit left. So intense! lol Thank you for this total gem of a game retrobunny :mrgreen:

retrobunny
Developer

Post#36 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:51 pm

oO What's going on. Did the game start to get a life on its own? For a moment i got scared i screwed something somewhere somehow.

Side story:
The game came few times to life on my phone in the middle of night. Was walking around dark side streets in a city and in a dark forest with a lake. Phone was locked up in pocket, untouched and the game was suddenly running while walking. The game is digged somewhere in the menu screens and not the front panel. Moments of pure confusion ><

Thank you all for the comments =)

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:This looks awesome! Any where to find the artwork To print?

So far not. I can send it to you as physical copy with CD if you like =p

Neoblast wrote:I have a question. What did you use to port it? Open gl? Kos+SDL?

It's using Kos+SDL.

-drez01- wrote:17 deaths on my last run but I managed to escape with one hit left.

Haha nice to hear about your bodycount run ^^. Glad you had some dramatic fun with it. The easy setting should be more less the difficulty of the PC version. Thought it was way too easy with a Dreamcast pad. Maybe cause the Dreamcast pad is kinda nice designed and handy. So as a challenge it got an additional hard difficulty setting ^^
Wonder if anyone managed to get 10.000+ score in survival mode so far :lol:
Thanks also for the VGA fix. What exactly did you do with it? Appreciated even if it got solved!

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#37 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:13 pm

I have not tried the survival mode yet, I was a little worn out after my bodycount run ;) I Will have to try for a high score!

Apparently it always supported VGA but I did not try myself until after patching it for Gary_b.

To Patch a game to VGA open up the IP.BIN in a hex editor and search for "JUE" if it finds the correct position there is a 7 number string 5 bytes after it (if not use find next also you might want to use a match case search), change that string to "0799A10"

retrobunny
Developer

Post#38 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:35 pm

Thanks for the info.
There is a simple menu at the boot that checks for VGA or non-VGA. If no VGA and it is a PAL machine it's giving you choice between 50 Hz or 60 Hz for a PAL TV. You can see it for a moment in my video at 2:49. So i wondered if something went wrong there :D

Since it's in IP.Bin does that mean it's just some start up info telling the system that the mode is available? I checked the .cdi file and found it there as well. I guess you could change it there too? I assume it should work with all games except ones that would explode when being forced specific resolution or 50 Hz refresh rate?

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#39 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Yes that's correct. I think when you change anything in a CDI file you have to make it bootable again. I think changing anything inside a bootable CDI will make it non-boot. Its been a while, I could be wrong but I think that's how it works.

Most games will work with this method. There are a few that do not, and can't be made VGA compatible at all. Seven Magic Mansions is one of them.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#40 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:39 pm

It was a long journey to get this but it finally arrived! The work retro bunny did on this is awesome! Thank you so much!!!!
Attachments
20170202_212934.jpg

Return to “New Games”