[CANCELED] OutbreakX

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: OutbreakX (possible new game)

Post#71 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:01 pm

this is getting better & better, how do/did you manage all this in such a brief period, when folks have been trying to create a decent 3D engine for the DC for years now?

and it seems you've just become a person of interest to the scene :lol:

http://www.seganerds.com/2016/08/10/a-s ... dreamcast/
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#72 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Rebel. I pmed you. I am a huge DC fan and would like to sponsor your project with some development funds. PM me back if you are interested. Game looks fantastic.

Developer

Post#73 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:33 am

mazonemayu wrote:this is getting better & better, how do/did you manage all this in such a brief period,

depends on what you consider a "brief period" (the project has been in development for 3 months now). But if you are talking about differences with the first video, than It's probably my choice of assets that makes it look like a major update, but aside from basic "objects system", simple 2 hits attack, few sounds and smooth camera transition between aiming and normal states, there was no major changes to my codebase.
Also, having some modeling skills probably helps as well (I am by no means an artist, but I can handle some basic stuff and simple animations)

when folks have been trying to create a decent 3D engine for the DC for years now?

well, there is a lot to say about this. For one, KGL (KOS OpenGL) was not really good before major rewrite by PH3NOM during 2013-2015 (some of the notable improvements include support for vertex arrays and compressed pvr textures). Can't say anything about pvr api though (believe it or not, I know nothing about dreamcast architecture)

Another reason to consider is that everyone seems to be obsessed with that "3d engine" idea. Thing is, writing an engine will lead you nowhere. If one wants to make a game, than it is necessary to write an actual game, not an "engine" (that's exactly the reason why I avoid using this term for my framework\codebase). Another important aspect of this is to actually start programming a game instead of dreaming about it. And so on...

and it seems you've just become a person of interest to the scene :lol:

http://www.seganerds.com/2016/08/10/a-s ... dreamcast/

that's nice and all, but... "Rebel"? Seriously?

MrMaxxSand wrote:Rebel. I pmed you. I am a huge DC fan and would like to sponsor your project with some development funds. PM me back if you are interested. Game looks fantastic.

thanks, replied to it as well.
It is really surprising to see such an offer (and I really appreciate it!), but I think it is probably better if I handle everything myself (for now at least)

Again, don't worry, something will definitely be released (I'm really determined to finish as much of the game as I can)

also, "rebel" is just a forum status (I have no idea who changed that, first it was "noob", than "shadow", and now it is what you see), not a nickname.

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#74 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:45 pm

111, I replied to your pm. I still think we could work something out I am a private investor and can be very flexible.

KGRAMR
undertow

Post#75 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:25 am

I'm amazed on how you have implemented both sword moves and 3rd person aiming,i have a question and it may sound like i'm being negative,but the Sonic-esque model is a placeholder?
Now You're Playing with Power
Do The Math
Genesis Does What Nintendon't

Developer

Post#76 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:53 am

KGRAMR wrote:I'm amazed on how you have implemented both sword moves and 3rd person aiming,

still needs work though, but thanks.

i have a question and it may sound like i'm being negative,but the Sonic-esque model is a placeholder?

not exactly. While the model is not final, making it "Sonic-esque" is a planned decision. In other words, I want it to look like something from Sonic Adventure 2\Sonic Next Gen (2006) universe. And as I said earlier, "over the shoulder view" and "dark setting" is inspired by Resident Evil 4.

And don't worry about "being negative", I respect any reasonable feedback (well, even if it's all like "I hate you, the game looks like shit!" it is still an opinion, but in that case all I can say is "just don't play it then". I have no intention to please everyone)

kazade
Developer

Post#77 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:57 am

Nice work 111, looks great!

Developer

Post#78 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:57 am

kazade wrote:Nice work 111, looks great!

thanks, looking forward to your project as well.
---------------
update:
- I managed to "fix" timing issue with a simple dirty trick - frameskipping. That means you'll see real gameplay speed next time, instead of almost 2x slowed down version. But it's going to be a while before that.

(also, for some reason the game runs about 30-40% faster on emulators (nullDC and Demul) compared to actual hardware. I have no idea why. Not that much of a trouble though, just some "fun fact" I guess)

KGRAMR
undertow

Post#79 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:57 pm

Oh ok,i now understand why the model,still i'm looking foward to your game.
Now You're Playing with Power
Do The Math
Genesis Does What Nintendon't

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#80 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Just wanted to say that it looks gr8 !

Please keep up the good work ;) if it gets completed and you release it i will for sure buy a copy !

Best regards FlorreW

Return to “New Games”