Wombat's Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: Wombat's Collection

Post#61 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 am

I did not even know there was a printed HOTD2 PAL boxset out there, so in other words my boxset has a sleeve. That being said, I also have a Japanese boxset, and there the art is printed on the box. Have you ever seen a PAL printed one in person?

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#62 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:34 pm

nope, but I seem to remember seeing it posted on assembler some years ago...never seen one anywhere though...been looking for it for a long time. maybe I was just wrong LOL
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#63 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Don't forget the PAL games that have localizations/variations. Games that have PAL-UK variation where the back cover, manual and game content is EN-GB only (Code Veronica, Dead or Alive 2, etc), and games that have French, German and Italian localizations, where everything is translated/dubbed, even the game title - 24 Heures du Man, the two Tomb Raiders, Buzz Lightyear, etc.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#64 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Yeah, but I'm not gonna do that, you'd end up with having every PAL game 5 times LOL
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#65 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:33 pm

I believe that a lot of games have a PAL-UK variation, but not many have a FR/DE/IT localization. Is there a list of those online? Anyone that had the work of doing it?

Blai
photon blast

Post#66 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Raen wrote:I believe that a lot of games have a PAL-UK variation, but not many have a FR/DE/IT localization. Is there a list of those online? Anyone that had the work of doing it?

I made a list some time ago. Including all the variants, there were about 430 DC PAL games. I'm ok with owning the 216 games 1 time though, collecting the PAL-spanish variants in my case ;)

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#67 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:18 pm

I was unsure if there were any Spanish localizations, so thanks for confirming that. Are most if not all, all the ones that also have a FR/DE/IT variant?

In Portugal the majority of games simply have a black & white translated manual with pictures, a sticker on the case's rear with a translated description of the game (the one found on the back cover) and a sticker from the Ministry of Culture that authenticates the legality of the game. These were done by Sega's official distributor, Ecofilmes. No true variants though.

Blai
photon blast

Post#68 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:57 am

Raen wrote:I was unsure if there were any Spanish localizations, so thanks for confirming that. Are most if not all, all the ones that also have a FR/DE/IT variant?

Sorry, I have just seen your message. Indeed, spanish-only localizations are the same ones as DE, FR, etc. localizations, with games as Pro Pinball Trilogy, NHL, 2K, Dino Crisis, etc. having spanish only on the backcover. As for games with multiple languages, there's some games like Spawn which have spanish & french and others like Dave Mirra that have italian & spanish, being italian & spanish the combination found on the majority of games.

Stickers with spanish translations can also be found on a couple games like KISS Psycho Circus & the Star Wars games.

As you see, we had a little bit of everything.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#69 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:42 am

Had some spare time, so I decided to reorganize my Dreamcast indies :) I've sorted them in two categories, limited edition sets and regular edition:

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#70 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:55 am

Gave the first post a long overdue update, also added a few new white-labels to the mix e.g. RUSH 2049 (demo), Kao the Kangaroo (demo) etc.

And thanks to a trade with fellow member Frank, now I also have Spawn and UFC white-label :)