How do you keep track of your collection?

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Re: How do you keep track of your collection?

Post#11 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Skwid79 wrote:I alphabetize them and sort them by system. I have many different containers, a shelf and a cd rack I keep them all in. Honestly I wonder how I have room to put new games since I have such a large amount of games, a majority of which are for the playstations.

Hehe, yeah, I've definitely never had a problem finding a place to put my games.
Never at all.

cfowler
noob

Post#12 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:35 pm

I have multiple ways of tracking my video game collection.

Spreadsheets: Excel/Google Sheets
Personal Web site: Google Site
Android app: My Game Collection
Online Site: vgcollect

My Dreamcast is actually my most recent console purchase. I only own two official titles: Virtua Tennis and Shenmue.

Other systems in my classic game room include: Atari 2600, Atari 7800 (needs a power supply}, Commodore Vic 20 & C 64, Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Wii, Play Station, PS 2, Genesis & XBOX.

I am the original owner of the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64. The rest are more recent acquisitions.
Attachments
game_room_02_21_2017.jpg

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#13 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:55 am

I use LibreOffice Calc (basically a free version of MS Excel) to keep track of every item in my collection, this way I don't have to depend on any website and have total freedom of how I keep track of my items.

krssn
Metallic

Post#14 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:50 pm

With my brain.

Unfortunately it farts from time to time and I buy games double, triple, or worse... lol

ChopstickSamurai
noob

Post#15 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 pm

I've been using the Collectorz game software for years now:

http://www.collectorz.com/game/

They also have apps for your mobile device, as well as a barcode scanner app that interfaces with the PC one. Great stuff.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#16 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:57 pm

I do not know for sure what I own as far as games. I have a bunch of consoles as well. I have GBA, DS lite, DS xl, 3ds, PSP, Vita , PSone, PS2, PS3, NES, SNES, N64, WII, XBOX, Dreamcast, Gaming PC and a Genesis. I have a good idea of what I own, but having sold stuff I sometimes have to guess. I no longer own 200 DC games so it is a bit easier to remember the 40 or so that I have. The other systems are harder to keep track of. For now I will guess at it. If I add up all the games that I own it is less than 200 now. It is probably about 150 or so.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#17 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:03 pm

krssn wrote:With my brain.

Unfortunately it farts from time to time and I buy games double, triple, or worse... lol

I use my brain as well. I also use this newfangled invention called shelves. It let's me see all the physical games I own by looking in their general direction.

Seriously though, I don't have nearly as many games as most collector, so the four shelves direction to the right of my TV in my built-in entertainment center/bookcases holds every game. I then have much more narrow, smaller shelves that flank my TV's area where my portable games are housed. Anything digital I just remember or check my various system's/PC clients' lists.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#18 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:01 pm

I pretty much wing it..

I dont have that many games for any of the consoles/handhelds I have that I cant remember if I have something or not..

somewhere in the range of 12-30 games depending on the console.. with the exception being SNES which is.. 4 or 5...