Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

akumajobelmont
undertow

Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Hey hey!

My name is Robbie, and I joined the forums last year some time, but never got around to post until now!

I'm an almost 34 year old SEGA kid through and through. Grew up with SEGA from the Master System onwards (including the Mega CD/32X and Saturn), and I've been a Dreamcast gamer since launch here in Australia. Sold my original PAL Dreamcast many years ago, but quickly purchased another couple of region-free units online a short time after. My Saturn collection is my largest so far, but the last year or so, I've been building my DC collection back up quite nicely.

Most recent purchases for the DC have been JPN Outtrigger + Mouse Combo, US San Francisco Rush 2049 (hands-down my favourite racing game for the system) and a lot of 11 PAL games that includes Trickstyle, Crazy Taxi, MDK2, RE: Code Veronica and more.

If I had to boil down a top 10 for the Dreamcast, it would probably look something like this:

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
Shadow Man
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive 2
San Francisco Rush 2049
Metropolis Street Racer
EDIT: Outtrigger (recent acquisition and HOLY CRAP I'M IN LOVE)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Grandia II

The Saturn and the Dreamcast are my favourite consoles of all time. Just below those two are the the Mega Drive and OG Xbox.

I've recently started a Retro, predominantly SEGA focused YouTube channel, though I'm still trying to figure out the best approach to take with my videos moving forward...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZY94M ... Xrw/videos

Anyways, thanks for allowing me to become a member here, I hope to get to know you all better from here on out!

Cheers!
Last edited by akumajobelmont on Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:30 am

heya!

I know you from the Saturn:UK forum.. I use the same login there.. maybe you remember me also

welcome to DC-Talk !

are you planing on taking your Dreamcast online? if so I look forward to playing some games with you!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:38 am

Welcome!
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#4 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:42 am

also.. you guys should give some of his videos a spin they are really good IMO...

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:45 am

Hi and welcome!!! :-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#6 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 am

Just out of curiosity..are you the AkumajoBelmont who made the 'Water on the Dancefloor', 'Morning Sun', 'Marble Heart' and 'Work It' song remixes back in the day?

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#7 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks for the awesome welcome you guys! :D

HuntrRose wrote:heya!

I know you from the Saturn:UK forum.. I use the same login there.. maybe you remember me also

welcome to DC-Talk !

are you planing on taking your Dreamcast online? if so I look forward to playing some games with you!

Yep, I know you! Cheers! And yeah, I'm going to look into getting my unit online. It's awesome such a thing is possible in this day and age. I never got to try online play back in the day, so I'm looking forward to FINALLY giving it a go, haha!

Tarnish wrote:Just out of curiosity..are you the AkumajoBelmont who made the 'Water on the Dancefloor', 'Morning Sun', 'Marble Heart' and 'Work It' song remixes back in the day?

Yeah, that's me, haha. That was an AGE ago, it feels like it anyways!

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#8 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:19 pm

akumajobelmont wrote:Yeah, that's me, haha. That was an AGE ago, it feels like it anyways!

Heh, small world. Yeah it's been a while. I think that still might have been back in the vgmix.com days. Still nice remixes tho. =P

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#9 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Tarnish wrote:
akumajobelmont wrote:Yeah, that's me, haha. That was an AGE ago, it feels like it anyways!

Heh, small world. Yeah it's been a while. I think that still might have been back in the vgmix.com days. Still nice remixes tho. =P

It is a small world for sure! Yeah, that was when VGMix was still alive and kicking. And thanks, they're really old for me know, and hard to listen too, ha!

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#10 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:18 pm

akumajobelmont wrote:It is a small world for sure! Yeah, that was when VGMix was still alive and kicking. And thanks, they're really old for me know, and hard to listen too, ha!

The curse of being an artist. :lol: Our old stuff we were once so proud of now seems horrible.